What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie - Wet test results are in.....  (Read 4911 times)

mhraracing

Newbie - Wet test results are in.....
« on: September 24, 2004, 07:55:36 pm »
Well just got home from the wet test - the spas we wet tested were
1 - HS Vista - Just to see if we liked the Moto Message - no air blower and empty footwell.
2 - Caldera Geneva Utopia Series
3 - Caldera Tahiatian Paradise
here are our findings........

HS Vista - Floated out of the Lounger - The Motomessage was nothing special.  We only wet tested this HS to try the Moto - and tub without air blower. Overall - not that there is anything bad about the spa - but didnt like the fact that I have nothing to push my feet up against on the bottom. The jets really pushed us right out of the seats when the motors were on full. Im sure if you play around with the settings it would be fine.

Caldera Geneva Utopia - Floated out of lounger also - but not as bad. Tried all the seats....I - Being 6'3" did not fit in the EcstaSeat with the neck messager at all. But the wife loved that seat. The saleswomen said that Caldera is redesigning the shell to add 2 inches to that system - but did not have any in to try.  Loved the air....the cool air sensation was neat.  The bump on the floor really helped keep you in the seats and gave you something to rest your feet on.

Caldera Tahian Paradise - Basically the same as the Geneva but a little smaller. Same seats except no neck system in the EcstaSeat - so I fit right in. Once again like the air - foot bump etc....

So after the wet test - the HS models were ruled out. That left us with the Caldera Models. The salesperson said that Caldera is no longer making the Geneva in the Paradise Series and the one they had in the showroom was the last one they had. ? True statement ?

All the spa quotes that we received included the following items.
Cover
Corona Discharge Ozone System
50 amp GFCI & subpanel
Wood steps
Cover Lifter - Installed
Delivery
Full water care package.

Caldera Tahitian Paradise - 6400
Caldera Hawaiian (no lounger) Paradise - 6400
Caldera Geneva Paradise - 6700

So to make a long story short we put a deposit on the Geneva Paradise Series - It was already in the exact colors we wanted and was only 300 bucks more then the Tahitian/Hawaiian.

Did we do the right thing ? We have untill 10:30am Tomorrow to change our mind and get the Hawaiian ?

Thanks for the input.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 09:56:54 pm by mhraracing »
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie - Wet test results are in.....
« on: September 24, 2004, 07:55:36 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Newbie - Wet test results are in.....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 08:11:20 pm »
If you liked it....than it is fine....but it seems that it is not a real good fit for you based on your comments....Why are you only limiting yourself to those two brands...Do you have anything else close to you...

mhraracing

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 10:05:57 pm »
We decided on the Paradise series Geneva based on the  EcstaSeat does not have the neck jet pillow - so I fit into the seat. Also while we were thinking about which one to buy - I put my suit back on and did another wet test....and actually like the lounger seat....I found that if I relaxed and let my body 'float' in the seat - it was pretty confortable. I played with the diverters and found the correct settings.....not just full force as it was on the first wet test.  

There are other dealers in the area....Saratoga Springs and Demension One. We looked at both - but did not wet test.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 10:07:15 pm by mhraracing »
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Roborph

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 11:16:35 pm »
 I'm assuming you 've been looking for awhile and perhaps there aren't many dealers in your area. I wet tested at least 5 different manufacturers and different models of each.
Maybe take a road trip and try some different dealers, it certainly can't hurt. HS and Caldera are made  by the same company, albeit a good company. Hopefully you can try Marquis, Jacuzzi, Master Spa and the others you can read about on this forum..Good luck

Jordy

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 12:25:09 am »
If you're totally happy with the spa, then go for it! If you're not, then perhaps wet test a few more tubs before you purchase. It is a fairly major purchase that you don't want to be second guessing down the road. Best of Luck!

mhraracing

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 08:18:58 am »
Well now that we have slept on out decision - my wife seems to be more confused then ever. Looks like we may call off the deal and go look at more tub designers - Like D1.

Stay tuned...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 08:19:24 am by mhraracing »
Caldera Geneva Utopia

mhraracing

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2004, 10:37:04 am »
Ok - just made the call - we lifted our hold.  :-/

We are going to wait and see the new designed ecstaSeat that is coming in the next couple of days.  The search continues.....  ::)
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 01:20:11 am »
Try Sundance and Marquis for comparison

I am going to HS tomorrow

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 06:49:56 pm »
It's alot of money and the reason for test soaking is to ensure your complete satisfaction.  sounds like you need to continue to search.

mhraracing

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 08:25:50 pm »
Thanks for all the replys - this forum is full of information. I have been back 12 pages reading all the info that I can.

The spa search continues !!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 08:26:13 pm by mhraracing »
Caldera Geneva Utopia

PPOL

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2004, 01:29:28 pm »
Sorry you changed your mind about the Geneva Paradise.   It is true that the Geneva Paradise model is no longer in production.  I can understand since I have had one on my floor for quite a while.  

The price you got and the package you were quoted is a very good price.  You liked the Caldera spa, why the change of heart after putting the deposit down?

There is a wealth of information on this website, but don't OVER think this decision.  Wait to see the new neck massager.  I think you will be quite happy with the design change.

Happy hunting!

Neil O'Donovan
Phoenix Park Outdoor Living
Wilmington, NC

mhraracing

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 09:49:18 pm »
Neil thanks for the reply - I lifted the hold only because I am going to wait to see the new redesigned Neck messager on the Geneva Utopia. If I fit - then we are going with that - of not.....then they might still have the paradise series or.........decisions. But I think I will fit.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 09:50:08 pm by mhraracing »
Caldera Geneva Utopia

4Hokies

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 10:27:25 pm »
I  know what you are going through! javascript:embarassed()
embarassed  If its possible, there is almost too much to think about when in the spa shop'n mode.  This site (and others) have been great for getting REAL answers instead of "ours is best" answers.  Thanks to everyone who post ---> I decided on a Caldera Utopia Niagara after several wet tests and many late nights of surfing to get myself informed.

According to my dealer too, the Geneva Paradise is dicontinued as most people, he said, upgrade to the Utopia.  His last floor model was on special for $6500 w/ the add-ons  when I visited the first time; gone on my second visit.
After digging about 50' of trench for the conduit, my stiff back can hardly wait for the hot water that's going to be pumping this weakend!javascript:smiley()
Smiley

Good luck on your purchase!

4Hokies

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2004, 10:29:10 pm »
I  know what you are going through!
embarassed  If its possible, there is almost too much to think about when in the spa shop'n mode.  This site (and others) have been great for getting REAL answers instead of "ours is best" answers.  Thanks to everyone who post ---> I decided on a Caldera Utopia Niagara after several wet tests and many late nights of surfing to get myself informed.

According to my dealer too, the Geneva Paradise is dicontinued as most people, he said, upgrade to the Utopia.  His last floor model was on special for $6500 w/ the add-ons  when I visited the first time; gone on my second visit.
After digging about 50' of trench for the conduit, my stiff back can hardly wait for the hot water that's going to be pumping this weakend!
Smiley

Good luck on your purchase!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2004, 10:29:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42