What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: solar lights for spa steps ?  (Read 6164 times)

zacman

solar lights for spa steps ?
« on: September 24, 2004, 10:27:09 am »
One thing we wished we had was a light of some kind at or near the spa steps and low so that you could not see it while you were soaking.  I know that solar lights really do not give out much light at all, but they may give out enough to light the steps sufficiently. I think they make some that can be mounted on a flat surface.  Has anyone tried this, and if so, how successfully ?  Also, are there lights that can be hardwired to the spa electrical system which anyone can recommend ?  I have been looking on different sites for spa exterior lights but so far no success.  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

solar lights for spa steps ?
« on: September 24, 2004, 10:27:09 am »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: solar lights for spa steps ?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 10:32:33 am »
If you have a Sundance, they offer lights that can be wired into your spa.

George

bethshar

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 11:03:07 am »
I would like exactly the same thing - a light for the steps that does not interfere with stargazing when you are in the tub.  My dealer told me to watch out for warranty issues if you hardwire your own lights to the spa.  Can you get the sundance lights afterwards and still retain full warranty?  

zacman

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 11:15:54 am »
I checked the sundance site and nothing shown there re spa exterior light.  I recall seeing some attractive flush mounting solar lights at Lowes or H -Depot - one on each side of the steps might do it. . . don't need much light, just enough to see the step so can exit safely and to see the slippers . . . We have all kinds of exterior lighting but having major lights on interferes with night time soaking pleasure. . .

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 12:27:47 pm »
I don't think they are on the site but in the brochure that list alot more accesories than the site.

zacman

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 12:56:37 pm »
Not in the brochure I have (39 pages, about 12" x 10"), but there may be more than one brochure - I will see if there are others. . .

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 01:04:05 pm »
What spa do you own?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

zacman

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 01:34:22 pm »
Sundance Optima.   I am also going to check to see if there are any weather proof battery lights - the kind they used to sell to put in closets with a pull string to turn on. . . that would be an inexpensive way to solve the problem - i.e., to provide a little bit of light at the steps. I think those are easy to mount on a flat surface with double sided tape or a couple of screws.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 04:22:51 pm »
You can put the Sundance lights in anytime and retain the warranty.  You can put up to 6 sets of lights on.  They come on automatically when it gets dark.  They have 3 LEDs and point almost straight down.  Perfect for the little bit of light you need to see the step, but will not interfere with your soak.  

George

zacman

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 05:46:19 pm »
George, thanks for the information.  I will try to locate this product.  Not on their site, but will contact the dealer.  

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 08:14:56 pm »
Zacman, found them.  They are in the Options catalog.  Second page.Item #6742-681.

I knew I saw them somewhere in all my propaganda.

Buckeye

• Jacuzzi J-365 Owner
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 09:17:04 am »
I have two of them on my Jacuzzi Tub and they're great.  You don't notice them being on when you're in the tub.  They aim straight down and do a perfect job in getting me to the tub without kicking anything on the deck when it's dark out.

Here's a thread of pictures of my new deck and tub.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1094095040;start=0

Hope it helps,

Buckeye

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 04:28:02 pm »
I have two of them on my Jacuzzi Tub and they're great.  You don't notice them being on when you're in the tub.  They aim straight down and do a perfect job in getting me to the tub without kicking anything on the deck when it's dark out.

Here's a thread of pictures of my new deck and tub.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1094095040;start=0

Hope it helps,

Buckeye

Where you ever succesful in getting a picture at light with the tub lit up?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 04:28:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42