What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie -Wet testing Caldera Geneva Friday  (Read 5210 times)

mhraracing

Newbie -Wet testing Caldera Geneva Friday
« on: September 23, 2004, 08:22:54 am »
Hi all - just found this website last night after weeks of internet searching of spas. We are newbies to Hot Tubs and are looking for a place to find the pros and cons to owning/buying a hot tub and this looks like a good place !!!

Long story short....we spent 8 hours at a "fair" looking at and talking to as many dealers or spas that we could take. It was a long and exhusting day which could have been better if we actually bought a spa - but we didnt want to rush into anything and be pressured into buying at the fair.

So after our fair experience we went to a local dealer who carries Hot Springs and Cladera and really liked the Caldera Geneva(Paradiseseries) - the Caldera Tahitian(Paradise) and the Hot Springs Vanguard.

After searching this site - I have not found much info on Caldera spas.....I did see a few reviews on the Utopia series - but nothing on the paradise series. I think we recieved some very fair price quotes on each spa....

6400 for Caldera Tahitian/Hawaiian
6700 For Caldera Geneva Paradise
6800 For HS Vanguard
7500 For HS Grandee

What are your thoughts and opinions on these spas and the pricing we were given. All price include Ozone -cover - steps - cover lifter - delivery and 3 months of chemicals.

Thanks - Future Spa Owner !!!!

Edit - We live in CT.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 10:33:54 am by mhraracing »
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie -Wet testing Caldera Geneva Friday
« on: September 23, 2004, 08:22:54 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Newbie -Wet testing Caldera Geneva Friday
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 08:29:07 am »
From memory, which mine is questionable, those seem like pretty good prices. We have a few HS owners who can testify more accurately. What part of the country do you call home?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 08:34:31 am »
HS prices are very good.  Don't know about Caldera.

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 09:48:42 am »

6400 for Tahitian/Hawaiian
6700 For Geneva Paradise
6800 For HS Vanguard
7500 For HS Grandee

These prices seem very good compared to what I was quoted here in Los Angeles. Especially if those prices include cover, steps, delivery, chemicals, etc.

8500 Geneva
8900 Grandee
I think the Vanguard was going in the high 7000s.
The Geneva was one of the first we tested and liked it a lot. We ended up with a HS Vista. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

mhraracing

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 10:12:42 am »
Sorry - I should have told you what part of the country I live in.....We live in CT - New England states.

We are going right now to a few more dealers - will let you know what prices we get.

As for the spas we looked at so far....

Coast Spas - Pressurized filter system - told this was old design.
Elite Spas by Spa depot - the spas with the Metal Frame
Watkins Man Spas - Cladera/Hot Springs/Tiger River
Saratoga Spa - Made in NY

Off to another dealer that sells Sunrise Spas and Nordic. Then to another dealer that sells Watkins spas - to price compare.

Will let you know how we make out. Keep the thoughts coming !!!

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 10:20:36 am by mhraracing »
Caldera Geneva Utopia

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 10:21:51 am »
The price on the Grandee is very good if it includes cover, etc....  Price given to me was very close to $9000.

I live near NYC.

Jonathan

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 01:10:31 pm »
The Caldera prices look very good.  We ended up buying a 2004 Marquis Euphoria in Cincinnati, $7400 (tax, starter kit, LCD light, and cover lift included-no steps). I was very interested in the Caldera Geneva or Niagara (no lounger). The best deal I could work on the 2004 Caldera was $8200 before tax. They sold the 2003 floor model (I had negotiated that one to $7400 before tax) and the 2004 hadn't come in yet so I couldn't wet test. I'd be interested to hear anyone's comparison that had wet tested the Euphoria and Niagara or Geneva.

IMHO, the fiber optics lights on the Caldera are much better looking than the LCD on the Euphoria. They are distributed all over the inside and outside of the tub. they looked really good on the pearl finish. Euphoria's LCD is only on one side and is still white on the outside. Kind of lame. The white finish shows it the best, but is not nearly as attractive looking as Caldera's pearl. Don't get me wrong. I love the tub and have no regrets. I find that I very seldom turn on the light, so it's kind of moot.

jmig

• caldera geneva utopia
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 06:52:50 pm »
I live in Ct. also and bought my Caldera Geneva Utopia at a wonderful dealer in East Hartford paid $8000 incl tax and all the other goodies They had the best price on Hot Springs but my wife and I just loved the Geneva. Still waiting for our deck to be built  :(

PPOL

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 05:01:18 pm »
Those are excellent prices on those Caldera spas.  Not sure on the Hot Springs prices.  

Happy Hunting!

Neil O'Donovan
Phoenix Park Outdoor Living
Wilmington, NC

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 05:06:45 pm »
The Caldera might be the best spa for you....I had a deposit on one. However after wet testing felt it was not the tub for me.....I do think the lights are great the best I have seen....

Roborph

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 11:38:00 pm »
 Hey Ibinit,
 Did you buy at eastgate? Just wondering because I wanted to try the Marquis line but they wouldn 't let me wet test. When I was shopping (last November) the Euphoria was going for 7100 (2003 model).
 As far as the lighting, I've heard the fiber optics look great but don't last very long and aren't dependable. The LCD lighting aren't as flashy but are dependable and last.....

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 12:46:53 pm »
Hi Roborph,

Yea, I bought at Eastgate last March. I just asked my salesman if I could wet test and he said sure. I did it during store hours though, because he didn't seem very receptive to staying after closing. I wet tested the Reward and Euphoria. They were very cooperative and seemed more willing to negotiate than Watson's. I also wet tested at the D1 dealer. The D1 owner (Tim) is a nice guy, and prices were fair, but I preferred the Marquis tub. Happy hunting. I'll send you the Eastgate salesman's name.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 12:46:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42