What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Want to know dealer cost?  (Read 3370 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Want to know dealer cost?
« on: September 27, 2004, 10:28:26 am »
I suggest that you go into the dealer with your latest pay stub, last years notice of assessment and bank record for the last 6 months. Show the dealer these things, then he/she can show his books, manufacturers costs, shipping, income statement and balance sheet.

Then you can start negotiating. You can tell the dealer what profit margin is fair and he/she can tell you what portion of your income/savings can go toward a new spa. That sounds fair dosen't it!
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

Want to know dealer cost?
« on: September 27, 2004, 10:28:26 am »

cparlf

Re: Want to know dealer cost?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 11:18:42 am »
Thanks you HTM:  I agree.  This is the one topic I am truly sick and tired of.  Not that anybody cares about my opinion, BUT.....if your total focus is dealer cost, and your desires for something you just maybe can not afford drive you to thinking you should be able to decide how much profit someone else should make, then maybe, just maybe you should get off the pretentiousness highway and either not look at a tub in general or you should be looking at one that is in your price range.  Even a "big box" store model.  Then again, I live in the good old USA, where market value is generally determined by the price agreed on by a willing seller and a willing buyer.  If I wanted to sell my house, I really don't care that a buyer wants to know how much I paid for it 10 years ago.  Capitalism will drive unscrupulous businesses and those supplying "overpriced" goods and services out of business.  

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 11:25:31 am »
Clearly those fixated on the dealer cost of a spa should take this obvious opportunity themselves, open a store, and sell spas with low markups.  They'd make a fortune!
You could set up shop next door or across the street from the overpriced guys, and sell them out of business.
Brewman

Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 12:20:33 pm »
Thanks you HTM:  I agree.  This is the one topic I am truly sick and tired of.  

I agree, however, my price concern when I bought was getting a fair price.  While the definition of a fair price isn't real clear, I'm an resonable person.  The only thing that would have bothered me was if a friend bought the exact same tub the same day and was offered a price thousands less because he was a better negotiater.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Oskar

• 2003 Marquis Reward
Re: Want to know dealer cost?wmthing
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 12:39:19 pm »
I always consider a good deal is when the buyer is happy and the seller is happy, if I do my homework and know the market price and  accept the price offered and am happy with it then I have made a good deal, at least for me. I don't really care what the buyer paid for it as I quite likely cannot buy for that price so its a moot point.

And  wmccall about that TEAStingy thing I guess you could but please don't, we all speak English here and it grates like fingernails on a blackboard,  that's just MHO of course.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 01:06:52 pm »
"Like a TEASP00N on a blackboard" would be more like it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 01:07:39 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 01:06:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42