What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Placement (wind/cold)  (Read 1669 times)

Sammi

Hot Tub Placement (wind/cold)
« on: August 28, 2020, 11:06:50 pm »
My HS Envoy has been delayed (surpise surprise) - was supposed to ship out on the 20th but delyaed to Sept 4th now. No biggie as it is still humid and hotter than heck. But the forecast is changing!

Its given me time to over-think my spa positioning. Our first inclination was to have the controls facing east, back of house on the west and the cover opening toward the house. This allows the cover to be out of the way of our patio, and lounger and captain chairs face the stars. This does require flex conduit to run out from our house and across the patio to the control panel. Can the electrical/conduit be tucked under the cabinet so it isn't running on concrete?

The other option I've been pondering now that I have time to think is position the controls to the south, and have the cover open to the north. I live on the North Dakota/Minnesota border - wide open plains, strong north winter winds, bitter cold..... My thought is the cover would help cut the wind but the lounger would be facing my house and the overhang of my house would also block the stars from the captain chair. Less conduit to the controls but if it can tuck under the cabinet that's a non-issue anyway. We are getting the cover craddle II so it will sit up a couple feet and block wind at head level. I lose some patio sq footage with the cover opening north. Also plan to use the spa regardless of temp - i love being outside in a spa in the bitter cold.

Any advice from fellow cold country folk?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Placement (wind/cold)
« on: August 28, 2020, 11:06:50 pm »

lugoismad

Re: Hot Tub Placement (wind/cold)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 10:02:03 am »
This does require flex conduit to run out from our house and across the patio to the control panel. Can the electrical/conduit be tucked under the cabinet so it isn't running on concrete?

The other option I've been pondering now that I have time to think is position the controls to the south, and have the cover open to the north. I live on the North Dakota/Minnesota border - wide open plains, strong north winter winds, bitter cold..... My thought is the cover would help cut the wind but the lounger would be facing my house and the overhang of my house would also block the stars from the captain chair. Less conduit to the controls but if it can tuck under the cabinet that's a non-issue anyway. We are getting the cover craddle II so it will sit up a couple feet and block wind at head level. I lose some patio sq footage with the cover opening north. Also plan to use the spa regardless of temp - i love being outside in a spa in the bitter cold.

Any advice from fellow cold country folk?

Thanks!

Does one side of your hot tub go right up against the house? If so, yes. They can run the flex conduit inside the hot tub on any side and then run it to the control pack. There is plenty of room in there.

I purchased one of these - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089N836YZ to act as a privacy screen from my nosy neighbors on one side. However I'm sure it would work well as a wind barrier, too.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Hot Tub Placement (wind/cold)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 10:02:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42