What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question on water testing -  (Read 2347 times)

Tucsonjohn

Question on water testing -
« on: September 25, 2004, 09:02:16 pm »
Simple question from a newbie -

How often do you all test your water condition?  

If I go into the tub daily, do I need to test the water before I go in each time?  Obviously if the water looks bad, that is one thing, but if I raise the cover and the water is clear, do you guys still test it?  

thanks - TJ

Hot Tub Forum

Question on water testing -
« on: September 25, 2004, 09:02:16 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Question on water testing -
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 09:10:19 pm »
What ever makes you comfortable. In my experience Newbies over manage their water. This over management will most likely lead to a better understanding of the chemistry. Eventually you will revert to "eyeballing" or smelling the water as a guide more and more over time. If you were my customer I would rather you over test at the start rather than get a rash or something unpleasant.

HTMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 09:13:42 pm »
I tested my water daily when my tub was new until I felt comfortable with sanitizer demand and water balance swings.  I now test weekly.  Feel free to test as much as you like, but be careful not to over adjust your water.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 10:40:30 pm »
Once a week is fine!

I test mine religiously (well, at least every now and then!

You only have 50 test strips in a bottle so if you go through 1 bottle a month we might question your neurosis….

After you have your spa for awhile and use it frequently you will find that you can judge pretty good by the feel, look and smell of the water.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 10:40:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42