What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Epic filter cycle question  (Read 2857 times)

Sludge Factory

Marquis Epic filter cycle question
« on: August 15, 2020, 01:33:08 pm »
I have searched on this topic and there seems to be differing opinions.   We use the hot tub nightly, so what do you think I need to run my filter cycles at daily?  Two times for 2 hours each?  Thank you I'm new to this and just trying to narrow down all the info I have read.   

Also one more thing if someone wouldn't mind helping....With the ozone thing do I need to use less shock than in recommends on the bottle for the amount of gallons?  I was told to throw some shock in there each time after we use it.  Is that really needed?

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Epic filter cycle question
« on: August 15, 2020, 01:33:08 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis Epic filter cycle question
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 02:50:46 pm »
I have searched on this topic and there seems to be differing opinions.   We use the hot tub nightly, so what do you think I need to run my filter cycles at daily?  Two times for 2 hours each?  Thank you I'm new to this and just trying to narrow down all the info I have read.   

Also one more thing if someone wouldn't mind helping....With the ozone thing do I need to use less shock than in recommends on the bottle for the amount of gallons?  I was told to throw some shock in there each time after we use it.  Is that really needed?

Filter setting seems good. Would have the clean up cycle set for 1 hour as well. Still use same amount of shock even with ozone

Sludge Factory

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 02:56:56 pm »
Yep got cleanup set for 1 hour.  I currently have my filter cycles to only run for an hour each, I'll bump them to two.   Thank you

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 01:28:02 am »
You may be over shocking the tub.

What sanitizer are you using? Are you using Frog cartridges? If so, are they @ease Smartchlor or Bromine?

Sludge Factory

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 01:19:25 pm »
You may be over shocking the tub.

What sanitizer are you using? Are you using Frog cartridges? If so, are they @ease Smartchlor or Bromine?

I was using the marquis shock that came in the starter kit.  I'm now out though so I need to get some more.  Yes I'm using the Frog inline system with smartchlor.

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 09:38:53 am »
With the @ease system you only need to shock once a month with regular usage. If it’s get a lot of usage, I would shock 2 times a month. This differs from what it says on the bottle of shock, but shocking after each use is way too much.  On an Epic, you will want to shock with 3-4 ounces.  Make sure to leave the cover off for 20-30 minutes after you shock the spa.

Sludge Factory

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 12:16:10 pm »
Thank you

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 12:16:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42