What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: sundance suntub  (Read 20632 times)

burhead

Re: sundance suntub
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 07:04:48 pm »
yes there is a schematic in mine. I will get the pic for you. Sorry I've been working feverisly on this and a couple of other projects so I havent been back here to check this forum.

So I ran the tub on both modes and put an ammeter on each wire. The heater was running on both modes. Then I flipped all the time clock switches to the opposite position and tried both modes again and the heater still runs. Now it is my understanding that in time clock mode, only the pump should be running to just circulate the water. Is that correct? The only thing that could be going on is that since the tub is not up to a high enough temp., the control box is going to call for heat.

I have been fighting the leaks for the last week. Find a leak and fix it, fill tub find a leak and so on. Last night I filled the tub with dye and didn't see any other spots of blue in the foam but one of the joints I fixed continues to leak. I successfully fixed 2 joints by using a wet/dry glue that is supposed to bond to wet surfaces. I used a shop vac to create a vaccuum in the lines and drizzed the glue on and it sucked it into the joint. I did this on the third joint aswell and it looks good but continues to leak. So now I am stuck. The leaking joint is at one of the jets, where the jet assembly meets the flexible pipe. So how do the jets come out of the tub. I guess I am thinking of spicing i a new piece of pipe but wont be able to do so until I can get the jet out of the tub. I ll get some pics tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 07:04:48 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 08:13:22 pm »
Just emailed you the manual...would REALLY appreciate the pic of the schematic.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

burhead

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 07:04:37 pm »
here is a pic of the schematic. Sorry they arern't great because the tub is currently up ended and the pump is on the high side. If you need better ones let me know. Thanks again for the manual, it is completely accurate for my year and model.

Here are some pics of my jets and the leaking joint. Looking at it closer today I can't see where the water would be leaking, everything looks sealed up. I was almost wondering if it was leaking elsewhere and following the pipe and running off at the lowest spot of the pipe. The only place it is wet is around the joint and down to the lowest spot of the pipe. So does anyone know how the jet comes out of the tub?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 08:18:40 pm »
oooooooooo, I think I can make that out

THANKS!
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

solstars

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 12:01:26 am »
I have this exact same tub.  Mine is in brand new condition and so is my manual.  BTW - press "mode" until the LED turns red.  That's continuous mode.  Green is the timer mode.  Unfortunately, my pump just died last night.  Where did you find a replacement?

If anyone needs a clean PDF scan of the manual, let me know.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:05:34 am by solstars »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 01:37:39 pm »
Great work people, nice to see people helping each other out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

burhead

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 02:55:15 pm »
Sorry haven't been back in awhile. I got my pump and motor at a local spa dealer. When the pump and motor came, the output was wrong. I guess they dont make the pump anymore so some custom plumbing work was in order. If all you need is the motor, I managed to get one of those from a company called grainger. I finally got my leaks all fixed and the thing has been working properlly for the last week or so. Thanks to all here for the help. BTW, I managed to fix my leaks using a technique I found here. Creating a vaccuum in the jets with a shop vac and sucking primer and glue into the leaking joints.

Hottubber1

• hottubbing under the stars...
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 01:39:30 pm »
burhead

It looks like you're in good hands on this post. It's nice to see everyone assisting you in this leak dilemma. If you need any parts that you can't find locally. I can help you out. I'm a Sundance dealer with more parts in stock than I know what to do with.
Reach out if needed.
Hottubber1 8)

do8bones

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 08:41:54 pm »
I need the same owners manual for a 96 sundance suntub with the red/green mode button.  thanks..

pwh1982

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 11:03:00 pm »
I need the same owners manual for a 96 sundance suntub with the red/green mode button.  thanks..
I have a manual I could fax/mail copies of the pages to you.  Send a pm with info how/where to send it.
yes there is a schematic in mine. I will get the pic for you. Sorry I've been working feverisly on this and a couple of other projects so I havent been back here to check this forum.

So I ran the tub on both modes and put an ammeter on each wire. The heater was running on both modes. Then I flipped all the time clock switches to the opposite position and tried both modes again and the heater still runs. Now it is my understanding that in time clock mode, only the pump should be running to just circulate the water. Is that correct? The only thing that could be going on is that since the tub is not up to a high enough temp., the control box is going to call for heat.

I have been fighting the leaks for the last week. Find a leak and fix it, fill tub find a leak and so on. Last night I filled the tub with dye and didn't see any other spots of blue in the foam but one of the joints I fixed continues to leak. I successfully fixed 2 joints by using a wet/dry glue that is supposed to bond to wet surfaces. I used a shop vac to create a vaccuum in the lines and drizzed the glue on and it sucked it into the joint. I did this on the third joint aswell and it looks good but continues to leak. So now I am stuck. The leaking joint is at one of the jets, where the jet assembly meets the flexible pipe. So how do the jets come out of the tub. I guess I am thinking of spicing i a new piece of pipe but wont be able to do so until I can get the jet out of the tub. I ll get some pics tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys.
I have the opposite problem with my tub right now, it will not heat in either mode.  I have checked a few things but haven't found a definite problem. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:10:12 pm by pwh1982 »

Rigatoni

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 08:44:53 am »
oooooooooo, I think I can make that out

THANKS!

Hey dr. Spa! Do you still have that owners manual? I have the later model suntub, any help would be so appreciated! Thanks!
Jg
Jg@satelliteboardshop.com

maxineburke

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2020, 11:36:57 pm »
I have been given A 96 SunTub and need to find a manual.  I read this thread and saw Dr Spa Ret. had mentioned he has one.  Is there ay way to get a copy.  I cannot find it anywhere and can't get this thing running and heating.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 01:15:08 pm »
I have been given A 96 SunTub and need to find a manual.  I read this thread and saw Dr Spa Ret. had mentioned he has one.  Is there ay way to get a copy.  I cannot find it anywhere and can't get this thing running and heating.

Go to RHTUBS.com
Retired

maxineburke

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2020, 06:23:43 pm »
Thanks, I'll check that out.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2020, 06:23:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42