What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My first soak -  (Read 4092 times)

Tucsonjohn

My first soak -
« on: September 23, 2004, 06:24:59 pm »
Well my Sundance Altamar was delivered on schedule Tuesday and everything has been wonderful!  

Two workers arrived from the dealership and had the tub wheeled back on its side onto my patio using a large handcart and set the tub in the location that was picked out the previous week when they came to the house.  The 220 was run and 60 amp fuses were used.  That is the way to go in my book, allowing both pumps and the heater to run at the same time with no problem.  They had to dig down a bit to run the line from the house to the patio, and I watched that process very carefully.  All lines were incased and waterproof sealer was applied.  

The tub was filled putting the hose into the filter connection and an ez lift cover was attached to the cover.  

The dealer went over the operation of the tub with me, showing me how everything worked - very simple operation.  We then went over the chemicals and some were applied.  I set the water temp to 98 and the dealer left.  

Two hours later, the temp had risen from 85 degrees to 98 and as the sun went down over the mountains, I got in.  

Wow!

I am really going to enjoy this Altamar!  Very powerful jets that are easily controlled by the blowers.  It is so relaxing - I spent 40 min in the first night and had the best sleep I have had in quite some time.  

I love the footwells - very nice feature.  

102 is the temp that I have found best for me.

I have the bluegrass color in the interior and sierra exterior and cover - looks great!

I love the automatic filter cycles, knowing that I do not have to really mess with them is great, but that the water is being cleaned while the tub is not in use.  I was really surprised how little chemical I have to add to keep things clear.  No problem with the water so far and I have been in every day since.  

I also enjoy moving around from spot to spot in the tub, experiencing all the different jets and such.  

The dealer called me today and I went down to talk to her and she gave me an extra microclean filter and a water sample bottle and told me to call if I had any questions or concerns.

I think the only thing that I do not like is the 20 minute shut off feature that the jets have.  I will look to see if I can override this somehow.  

So all in all, a great experience!  Thanks for all the support and valuable info that I received here - it really helped me tremendously.  

Now, back to my spa - TucsonJohn

Hot Tub Forum

My first soak -
« on: September 23, 2004, 06:24:59 pm »

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
Re: My first soak -
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 07:12:42 pm »
Sounds like it is a slice of heaven.  I too wish that the 20 minute shut feature could be altered but then again on those nights I turn on the pumps after adding dichlor and then forget it.....    :-/

Congrats on the tub and have happy soaking.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 07:13:39 pm by ttodd1 »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 07:19:18 pm »
I do not believe there is a way to alter the automatic shutoff.  At least not from the control panel.
Brewman
Brewman

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 07:40:34 pm »
I wish you many evenings of relaxing soaking. Sundance does build a fine tub dont they?!?!!

I wish there was a spa that let you adjust the pump run times.........OH YEAH D-1! (insert shameless plug here)
;D
Happy Soaking

HTMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 10:56:49 pm »
Congrats, Tucson!  Welcome to Spatopia!
The Balboa controller on my MS will allow for adjusting pump run times and I'd be surprised if yours didn't.
Enjoy that new tub.....what a feeling!
8)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 10:57:16 pm by windsurfdog »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

UnderTheStars

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 07:44:40 am »
Congrats TusconJ!  Just heading out the backdoor myself.  Great way to start the day, glad you're there!
Stars

saz

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 08:17:16 am »
Congrats from us too......there's nothing can compare with having a hard day at work, and coming home to a hot bubbly relaxing soak....Enjoy!
saz
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 11:57:28 am by saz »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 11:01:07 am »
Congratulations.  The Altamar is a great spa (very popular too).  My SD is the same colors...bluegrass with sierra (though I have the redwood cabinet).

usuallytrue

• Sundance owner
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 12:27:50 pm »
Well done fellow Altamar owner!!! :D

I'm glad everything went smoothly for you.  

As for the 20 minute shut off...I don't mind it 'cause as I'm blissfully soaking away I lose track of time - so at least I know how long I've been in the tub!!!

Jordy

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 12:45:33 am »
Sounds like things have gone great! Another Triumph for the Spa Gods!! Hope you have many years of happy tubbin' ahead. ;D

TahoesMama

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2004, 08:01:17 am »
Way to Tuscon!

The Altamar is the tub we wanted, and we loved it for the exact same reason you do, but our space just wouldn't allow adequate room.  We've settled for the Marin, and hope we enjoy it just as much as you are the Altamar.  Three weeks to go for us.  It's gonna be a looong month.

Tucsonjohn

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2004, 08:11:06 pm »
Thanks everyone - my experience so far this week has just been great.  No issues with the water, chemicals or anything.  

Had some friends over last night and it was wonderful to have them enjoy the tub as much as me - they were very impressed with the power of the jets and the ability to control the temp so easily.  

I think the best part is just knowing that the spa is just outside the back patio anytime I want to use it - for a few minutes or a nice long soak.   Very neat!  

TJ

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2004, 08:11:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42