What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone get elec. done AFTER tub arrives?  (Read 2929 times)

cmitch9999

Anyone get elec. done AFTER tub arrives?
« on: September 24, 2004, 11:16:30 am »
Hi
have had 2 electricans here this am.  I was hoping I could have them run the elec. to the outside disconnect and then finish the hook up after the tub arrives. They both would prefer to have the tub in place before they do the install.  Is it ok to have an empty tub with cover on it sit in the sun for a week or so if necessary waiting for the elec. hookup?  We are still a month away probably from getting the tub..we have the concrete to pour in the next few weekends if the weather cooperates.

What has been your experience, electric before tub arrives or after??
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone get elec. done AFTER tub arrives?
« on: September 24, 2004, 11:16:30 am »

spaguyohio

Re: Anyone get elec. done AFTER tub arrives?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 11:40:25 am »
Thats what I did with mine. Made sure the tub was in place. The electrician was a retired guy, so wasnt always busy. Said to call when we knew the tub was arriving. It came on a Fri. morning, that afternoon he had it wired, and we were in it that month.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 11:42:25 am »
My electrician came a day or two after the tub arrived.  You should have no problem with the empty tub for a week.  Just be sure to keep the cover on.

usuallytrue

• Sundance owner
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 12:15:27 pm »
My tub sat for 10 days - under a covered patio - before my electric guy could come out. (I even sat in it dry some evenings, but that's another story... :) ) The morning he came I wiped down the tub interior with some windex to clean out any dust etc. It needed it as it was a bit dusty, but I think that was more from it coming from the warehouse.

The problem wasn't with the hook-up and fill  process - that went smoothly - it was the agony of waiting to use it that was the problem!! ;)

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 12:23:24 pm »
Our guy said he would do it when the tub came.  Just to give him a call when we knew it was on its way and he would be there.  Well tub was to come on a Friday and we called him and he said fine he'd be there (this was on Monday) but Friday AM the tub delivery guys had truck problems and cancelled.  Well the electrician still came out and did all but the obvious hook up to the tub and said to call him when the tub was actually sitting on the pad.  That was the next Friday.  He came out and had it done in no time.  We were soaking that night.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 12:28:42 pm »
Yep. Shouldn't be a problem. I had mine sit 3 days before the electrician came out. I filled it up the night before they came so the instant power was on that baby was heating. As mentioned be sure to keep the cover on (or leave it in the box if possible)
e

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 01:02:49 pm »
Its done both ways, depending on the desires of the elctrician and/or owner. Either way works fine.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jordy

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004, 12:40:56 am »
I'm w/SpaTech, you'll be fine either way. Bet you can hardly wait!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004, 12:40:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42