What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can people with medical conditions use hot tubs?  (Read 2778 times)

A Rai

Can people with medical conditions use hot tubs?
« on: June 16, 2020, 12:07:09 am »
Hi there,

I recently bought a Hydropool Serenity 5000 for me and my parents. I was wondering if my parents can use this hot tub given their medical conditions.

My mom undergoes Dialysis 3 times a week. She is on the list for a kidney transplant. The wait could be years...

My father has had a heart attack before and he takes blood pressure medication for high blood pressure.

Now, I don't mind using this tub at lower temperatures if that will help? We are building a room around it so winter time won't be a problem for lower temperatures.

Can anyone offer insight on this? I do plan on asking their doctors on next visits, but they want to use it as we just got it installed.

Cheers!

Hot Tub Forum

Can people with medical conditions use hot tubs?
« on: June 16, 2020, 12:07:09 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Can people with medical conditions use hot tubs?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 07:45:22 am »
Hi there,

I recently bought a Hydropool Serenity 5000 for me and my parents. I was wondering if my parents can use this hot tub given their medical conditions.

My mom undergoes Dialysis 3 times a week. She is on the list for a kidney transplant. The wait could be years...

My father has had a heart attack before and he takes blood pressure medication for high blood pressure.

Now, I don't mind using this tub at lower temperatures if that will help? We are building a room around it so winter time won't be a problem for lower temperatures.

Can anyone offer insight on this? I do plan on asking their doctors on next visits, but they want to use it as we just got it installed.

Cheers!

I don't think anyone here wants to give you potential life threatening advice. Ask their doctors.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 05:53:20 pm »
Hi there,

Cheers!

I don't think anyone here wants to give you potential life threatening advice. Ask their doctors.

I'm not shy about giving my opinion on this. I think you should ignore anything anyone says and rely 100% on the feedback you get when you are able to ask their doctors.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Backcountryluv

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 06:25:20 pm »
Of course, this is a question best suited for your parents’ doctor(s).  That being said, my father-in-law who has also suffered a heart attack and is on blood pressure and cholesterol meds, uses his tub regularly.  Short sessions of no more than 10 mins and a temp of 100 Deg F are suggested for those who are uncertain how they might respond. But, each person’s health is unique, and depending on a number of things, hot tubs can be dangerous for certain health conditions.  Doctors know best and should be advised.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 06:25:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42