What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: recommendation on foundation/electrical contractor in Massachusetts?  (Read 2033 times)

ecb75

I ordered a spa online (I know the pros and cons on that choice) and am trying to figure out the installation portion.  It's a 5 person and we're going to need a foundation and electrical run to the tub (from a shed about 30 feet away).  Ground is flat.  I got one quote from someone who is doing other work in my home but it was a lot higher than I was expecting; about $7k.  Does that sound high/do you have any recommendations on contractors in the Massachusetts area that could help?  Install would likely be end of July.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

ecb75

As a follow-up, has anyone used one of these spa pads?

https://poolandspasale.com/products/handi-spa-pad?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse&gclid=CjwKCAjwiMj2BRBFEiwAYfTbCsZhnc25WIVffYU2vDCDYLGZNbdvnyTgmBYdM6fg3E1RSDIQWWuxsRoCRpEQAvD_BwE

The ground is quite level so something like this seems a lot faster/less expensive than a full poured concrete base.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
What part of Mass?

ecb75

Metro West (Framingham)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Can’t help you out that way but that price seems real high unless you are doing a large patio for stuff other then hot tub.

ecb75

Re: recommendation on foundation/electrical contractor in Massachusetts?
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 10:36:59 am »
Nope it's just for excavation, placing gravel, forming/pouring the concrete, running a trench for electrical, and materials.

What's the simplest way of creating a solid base for a spa?  The area is grassy and quite level.

swilly1000

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 06:45:33 am »
That is a stupid high price.  (Didn't you post this question in another thread?)

You got other quotes didn't you?

And as to your question about simplest way to put down a base, you did do some googling in that question before asking it here didn't you?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 06:45:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42