What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance or Bullfrog?  (Read 3847 times)

Gsmith7845

Sundance or Bullfrog?
« on: May 06, 2020, 03:20:07 pm »
Hi there folks, I have been shopping for a Hot Tub lately......initially my four brands were ThermoSpa, Hot Spring, Sundance or Bullfrog.......the pricing on the Hot Spring and ThermoSpa seem to be prohibitive for me as I do not want to spend over 10K for a 5-6 seater.

I had a ThermoSpa rep at my house and of course he was trying to sell me on their product but also discouraged Bullfrog (said they had problems in a few years usually) and tried to push me in the Sundance direction if I didn't want to pony up the cash for ThermoSpa......my concern with Sundance (even though cheaper) is the bottom of the spas and the fact that the material looks to be less sturdy than Bullfrog's plastic shell with keeping rodents out, etc.

I have a quote for a Bullfrog R7L for just shy of 9K (including cover, step, Frog@ease chemical kit, ozonator, upgraded matching jet paks and delivery)........and also a quote for a Sundance Ramona $7699 plus tax.......both have lounges obviously which I definitely want.....anyway, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these model comparisons and which would hold up in the long run with proper care???   

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance or Bullfrog?
« on: May 06, 2020, 03:20:07 pm »

d00nut

Re: Sundance or Bullfrog?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 04:05:36 pm »
Hi there folks, I have been shopping for a Hot Tub lately......initially my four brands were ThermoSpa, Hot Spring, Sundance or Bullfrog.......the pricing on the Hot Spring and ThermoSpa seem to be prohibitive for me as I do not want to spend over 10K for a 5-6 seater.

I had a ThermoSpa rep at my house and of course he was trying to sell me on their product but also discouraged Bullfrog (said they had problems in a few years usually) and tried to push me in the Sundance direction if I didn't want to pony up the cash for ThermoSpa......my concern with Sundance (even though cheaper) is the bottom of the spas and the fact that the material looks to be less sturdy than Bullfrog's plastic shell with keeping rodents out, etc.

I have a quote for a Bullfrog R7L for just shy of 9K (including cover, step, Frog@ease chemical kit, ozonator, upgraded matching jet paks and delivery)........and also a quote for a Sundance Ramona $7699 plus tax.......both have lounges obviously which I definitely want.....anyway, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these model comparisons and which would hold up in the long run with proper care???

With proper care, both should last you many many years.

Nothing in life is perfect.  I am a former Bullfrog dealer, but still do warranty and service.  I just had a rat get inside a A6L Bullfrog because the panel warped (I'm in AZ... the sun is intense.). The warped panel allowed it to get it and do some damage.

It can happen to anything, just check on it and a good dealer will take exceptional care of you.

Wet test between both the Sundance and the BF, let that determine which one you like more. 

Thermospa would easily be the worst one to go with out of those three ;)

Sam

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 02:14:26 pm »

Thermospas are overpriced garbage with questionable sales tactics.  Sundance is owned by the same company that owns thermospas.  Bullfrog is a much better product than both in my opinion, though I do like Sundance.

That's a good price on the R7L too.  It's an upper mid-tier spa.  The Ramona is a lower level Sundance and really not comparable.

BW13

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:07:23 am »
I ordered a bullfrom a7l for several reasons.
1.  every seat in any brand tub is different, angle, height, etc.  Only the bullfrog let's you move the jet packs around so that you can sit in the seat you like the best and experience all of the different jets.
2.  I'm 6ft2 and my wife is 5ft1.  She will always being in the higher seat but again the jetpacks will allow her to have a different massage any time by just swapping them.
3.  Liked their cartridge system for chlorine.
4.  The jetpack variety is much broader than the built in jets in most tubs.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:07:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42