What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pulling the trigger today! Sundance or Marquis... Hmmm...  (Read 8193 times)

soonercrew

Re: Pulling the trigger today! Sundance or Marquis... Hmmm...
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 01:45:14 pm »
Soooo....  After a weekend of sitting in tubs, research/research and more research...  Our original list and price point has changed quite a bit...

We've now narrowed it down to these 3:

Caldera Geneva: 2018 leftover on the floor (never any water in it) frog system, no radio.  All in with cover/lift/delivery/initial kit and tax included at $10,100

Jacuzzi J475: 2020 model. With radio (not a big deal for us).  All in with cover/lift/deliver at $13,334 + Tax

Artesian Elite Dove-Canyon:  2020 model. Waiting for spec sheet on the in-stock model. Still working price, but hoping to be around the same as Jacuzzi (low-mid 13's)

Never thought i'd be this focused on finding the perfect tub and price...  I'm doing my best to put price outta my mind (although, very tough)!  We have yet to get the opportunity to sit in the Dove-Canyon, but i really want to like it best!  The thought of being able to control pressure and flow from each individual seat sounds outstanding!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 01:45:14 pm »

dynasty

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2020, 02:58:45 pm »
If you're able to get the canyon in the 13s i'd say thats a steal. Lowest im able to get it is 15.5

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2020, 05:58:34 pm »
Purchase what feels right for you. I see you took epic off hour list. Did you happen to try or see a vector 94 from Marquis. That also has individual seat controls.

soonercrew

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2020, 07:08:50 pm »
Purchase what feels right for you. I see you took epic off hour list. Did you happen to try or see a vector 94 from Marquis. That also has individual seat controls.
After wet testing the epic, my wife didn’t like the feel of the tub.  She didn’t like the fact that the lounge didn’t have good pressure all at once.  Had to make adjustments to each portion of the seat individually to get the pressure she desired.

The Hotspring Envoy was awesome all the way around, but the dealer is the kicker in that tub.  A little rude, and honestly too far away to get decent service if/when needed.

The Jacuzzi J475 ranks right with the Hotspring, but just a different feel.  We fit great, and really like the dealer.

Caldera is a close 2nd so far to the Jacuzzi.  Probably not the best overall choice, but still works fine for our family.  I can’t make it the top choice yet, just do to my Long-Term thinking!  We plan to have this tub for 10-20yrs (hopefully), therefore I wanna get as close to perfect as possible!  But, the cost factor definitely keeps it in the running!

Got my quote for the Artesia Elite Dove-Canyon about 30min ago.  $13,214 + tax.  The in-stock tub has: Ozonator, Frog@ease & Midnight Glow LED... It’s the perfect color combo as well. Really like the thought of having individual control at each seat on this unit.  7 pumps sounds expensive in the future.  But, with far less usage for each pump, the types of pumps used by artesian, and the reliability reviews I’ve researched, I’m not sure this would be much of an issue... I was also concerned about operating expense, but I feel the same would apply here. You’re not running everything at once, and all your pumps are smaller than the tubs with 2-3 pumps...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 07:32:54 pm »
Did you try artesian yet.  Nice tub.

Sludge Factory

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2020, 09:13:02 pm »
We are considering the Epic, I wish I could get my dealer to that number you got!

Takedown

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2020, 04:14:30 am »
I spent a month or so doing the exact thing you are doing, trying to figure out the best tub for the family while keeping an eye on price.  We looked at Sundance, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Caldera.  We got a wet test of the Marquis Hollywood Elite and really liked it.  We wanted to try the Hot Springs Relay, but the dealer had just moved and wasn't setup for wet testing.  The Sundance dealer was out because the owner rubbed us the wrong way in trying to jack up the price because it was his last floor model, it felt really shady after the salesman had agreed to a deal.

I knew I had to wet test because it was such a big purchase so we had to decide on whether to get a wet test of the Caldera that interested us or go with the Hollywood or continue to search.  The Marquis dealer had a couple options, the standard Hollywood at $6K, a slightly upgraded Hollywood at $6.4K and a loaded Hollywood Elite for $7.4K.  We narrowed down to the slightly upgraded Hollywood and the Elite and ultimately went with the Elite because it came with 2 dual speed pumps, which I think is key for adjust-ability in the lounger, the better lighting package, frog @ase, newer cabinet design and the dealer included the higher end steps.  The lounger is a really intense massage if you are on high speed.  I typically close the jets some and run it on high and it's great.

We took delivery of it last week and are really happy with the purchase.  I don't know if the other tubs you are looking at have it, but we liked the ability to adjust the intensity of each and every jet down in intensity if needed.  So if you have someone that doesn't want a particular jet on they can turn it a quarter turn and it's off.  Or if they want to close it halfway they can do so.  This really helps when the pumps are on high.  Or what I've been doing is turning a couple off in a seat and focusing on the neck or lower back, instead of blasting the entire back at once.  I feel like we have a lot of control without having a bunch of diverter valves and there is more then enough power for us.  And finally the whitewater jet in the bottom is the most intense thing ever, you can get some deep massage with that thing.

Since you like the idea of more control you might look at the Marquis Vector series, they have the feature to redirect power.

I saw that you mentioned warranty.  One thing we figured out is our Citi card adds 2 years to the manufacturer warranty, so even though we got a mid-line tub, we ended up with a pretty great warranty.  Check if you have that option with your cards.

I hope the information is helpful as a potential set of other options if you didn't happen to see the Hollywood Elite or the Vector 84L while you were shopping.   Based on the price of the Epic you might be able to do really well at your dealer on these other tubs.  Good luck and it will all be worth it once you are soaking :)

soonercrew

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2020, 11:11:19 am »
Here we go again...  Just added our LAST option! And I swear, I’m pulling the trigger on something in the next 24-48hrs.

PDC Luxury Biscayne.  We decided to add this one to the list because the dealer is literally 1.2 miles down the street, they’re accessible with ease, and they’re very professional.  From my short term research, they’re well built.  I’m not saying they’re at the top, but definitely no slouch.  It’s got everything but the radio... AND it’s a STEAL from what I can tell @ $8500 out the door all inclusive!
It’s a leftover 19’ model on his showroom, and they’re really more of a big pool dealer.  So, I’m sure he’s just completely blowing it out at that price, and I wouldn’t even try and negotiate at that figure.  Seems PDC is pretty popular here in the Pennsylvania area...

Any thoughts or opinions on this unit???

jshep105

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2020, 11:48:57 pm »
Wondered because there is a guy in Rhode Island advertising older Caldera Models for cheap. Whichever of these tubs you decide on you are getting a great tub for what seems like great pricing.

I think I may have just purchased one of these Caldera hot tubs that you’re talking about..are you also located in the New England area?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2020, 01:35:24 pm »
Wondered because there is a guy in Rhode Island advertising older Caldera Models for cheap. Whichever of these tubs you decide on you are getting a great tub for what seems like great pricing.

I think I may have just purchased one of these Caldera hot tubs that you’re talking about..are you also located in the New England area?

I'm in Mass.  Cantabria, Geneva or Marino?

soonercrew

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2020, 02:41:03 pm »
Welp... Now down to 2 choices...

While i really love the price of the pdc, and the way it's equiped, i just don't know enough about their history to make an educated decision...

So, I've narrowed it to the leftover 2018 Caldera Geneva @ $10,100 all in... Or, Artesian Elite Dove Canyon @ $14,100 all in...  Only issue i may have now is finding the time to test the Artesian.  If i decide that route, i may just have to gamble with no wet test.

The $4000 difference though!!!  I really need to decide if the individual seat pumps, better look, neater lighting package and a 20' model are worth it...  I could be wrong, but i feel like the build quality is pretty comparable with both.  If i'm missing something, please throw me an opinion!

jshep105

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2020, 04:53:58 pm »

Oh no way, me too! Small world.

I went with the Cantabria, but it is an older floor display model. It doesn't have the FreshWater Salt System that is on the newer tubs. I am not sure what else has changed/been added since the 2017 models.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2020, 07:27:36 pm »

I went with the Cantabria, but it is an older floor display model. It doesn't have the FreshWater Salt System that is on the newer tubs. I am not sure what else has changed/been added since the 2017 models.

You got that cheaper then I could buy it. It was in his Westport store I think. The controller changed and the salt system. Had the newer cabinet. You got that so cheap it’s not funny. When I saw his ads I almost drove there myself to ring his neck. You got the steal of a lifetime on that tub. Get it yet?

jshep105

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2020, 10:24:21 pm »

You got that cheaper then I could buy it. It was in his Westport store I think. The controller changed and the salt system. Had the newer cabinet. You got that so cheap it’s not funny. When I saw his ads I almost drove there myself to ring his neck. You got the steal of a lifetime on that tub. Get it yet?

Yea that’s right it doesn’t have the touchscreen controller either. I didn’t really care too much about the missing freshwater salt system though so that wasn’t a big deal to me. And for the deal I got, I don’t mind having the non-touchscreen controller.  The one I bought was just a display and was never filled I don’t think but still comes with the full warranty. The Geneva was filled. We ended up working out a deal that I couldn’t refuse and I jumped on it.

I checked out some Sundance and Hot Springs hot tubs right before this pandemic and the prices were way higher than I ever expected. I was planning to check out all of the other big brands but most showrooms are closed. So Sundance, Hot Springs and Caldera were the only brands I got to look at in person really.

soonercrew

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2020, 08:05:44 pm »
Wrapped it up today... Caldera Geneva.  Yes, it’s a new ‘18 model.  But, never had water in it, the dealer is super to work with and to our surprise even had a bonus we didn’t even think about... Bluetooth stereo...  Had a few issues figuring out how to make a cover lifter work, as our permanent spot was already completed, and with the Utopia being plastic I guess only specific lifts will work support wise... Regardless, we got it worked out and will be enjoying our spa by next weekend!  Thanks for the information throughout our journey!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2020, 08:05:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42