What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa price check: Hotsprings Pace model  (Read 3306 times)

norcalhottub

Spa price check: Hotsprings Pace model
« on: April 09, 2020, 05:31:33 pm »
Hello - my local dealer gave me the following deal:

8200 MSRP
Price - $7000 + tax (includes shipping, lift, and steps). 

5 years interest free is also an option.

Hot Tub Forum

Spa price check: Hotsprings Pace model
« on: April 09, 2020, 05:31:33 pm »

castletonia

Re: Spa price check: Hotsprings Pace model
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 05:56:55 pm »
You are doing good on price.  I'm around $7500 depending on which coverlift and steps are choosen.

ratchett

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 08:04:31 pm »
They just redesigned a few of the 2020 tubs from from HotSpot collection including the Pace.   I wasn't too keen on the Hotspot designs from 2019, but I'll admit they really stepped things up in 2020.

Don't know anything about the price but I'm a HS fan so of course I'd say "do it do it do it", but..... did you wet-test?  How did you like it compared to other tubs? How's the dealer warranty?  What is their call-out pricing? This dealer is going to be your point of contact for all warranty service so be sure you trust them to handle any service issues.

Based on everything I hear, you have the best negotiating power to get a lower price when you have checkbook in hand ready to buy with cash money that day.   Financing does not get you the best price in this industry from what I'm gathering.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:10:27 pm by ratchett »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 08:59:09 pm »

8200 MSRP

Even without financing that’s a great deal. MSRP is on tub only. Lifter and steps easily adds $500 to that MSRP.

hottubgirl2

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 09:59:43 pm »
You are doing good on price.  I'm around $7500 depending on which coverlift and steps are choosen.

I am looking at that exact same Pace 2020 model and was quoted: 7299.00 hot tub, 359.10 cover lifter uprite, 359.10 steps, 468.98 delivery = 8486.18 + tax puts it right at 9156.85 and we are over here suffering from StickerShock.
If you have it nailed down for $7500, I would buy it today. We can't figure out why the steps, coverlift are so much more with HS. Any ideas how to negotiate this to our budget?  TIA!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 10:06:20 pm »

I am looking at that exact same Pace 2020 model and was quoted: 7299.00 hot tub, 359.10 cover lifter uprite, 359.10 steps, 468.98 delivery = 8486.18 + tax puts it right at 9156.85 and we are over here suffering from StickerShock.
If you have it nailed down for $7500, I would buy it today. We can't figure out why the steps, coverlift are so much more with HS. Any ideas how to negotiate this to our budget?  TIA!

Which step, which cover lifter?  They have 4 different cover lifter options and a couple different step options.

hottubgirl2

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 07:56:04 pm »
The $9156 price I was quoted yesterday for the 2020 HS Pace model included Everwood Steps and an Uprite Lifter. This was also "interest free" financing with 20% down and ~ $200/month for 36 months + taxes. Ugh, we are just not going to do that. 

So, After another phone discussion with the sales associate today, I was sent a fresh quote. What do you think of this deal? And she said this was the "best deal", cash/ or check only.
Tub                  $6799.00
Polymer Steps    $169.15
Covershelf          $165.75   ( As our best option if the Uprite coverlifter won't fit in space)
Delivery               468.98
Taxes                   598.30
Total                 $8201.18 Out The Door

We are hoping they can rig the uprite coverlifter in our space, but if it won't fit, she offered the "covershelf" as an option. Not the best plan, but we do have very specific dimensions to work with in our space.

I can't find many reviews on the Pace hot tub, I like the idea of 2 loungers as it is my favorite spot, I am leaning on this option as I like the color combination and I haven't found any other HS dealers with one of these particular models in stock. Let's hear what you think of this pricing please. My husband is not one to really haggle over pricing, but I agonize over big purchases and want to feel like I got a good value for the $ and the best product. Please weigh in on the Hot Springs 110 plug and play options. We don't want to go 220 as we have dedicated our former 220 space to a house generator in emergency weather. Thanks in advance.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 08:03:25 pm »
That seems a lot better. For reviews look at Caldera Tarino reviews. Basically a splash of that tub. For a 110 volt tub it’s fairly powerful compared to other 110 tubs

castletonia

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 09:02:26 pm »
Agree, better price.  I haven't seen the Pace yet.  Had one on order but then this whole Cover-19 thing happened.  I'm a Hot Spring dealer, FYI.  I have a SX, so smaller than the Pace and I am running 110v.  I'm in Wisconsin, so it can get cold.  The other night it was 40 degrees.  Between the kids going in and then the wife and I, temp dropped from 102 to 100 in about 50-55 minutes, I'm happy with that.  My SX also has good power for a 110 hot tub.  The Pace has a diverter valve so you will be able to isolate and increase power to certain areas, though it will be at the expense of other seats. 

I think you will be happy with the hot tub.  The price is fair and if you trust your dealer, I'd say go for it.  The lack of reviews are due to the Pace being a new model for 2020.  It was previously available in Europe I believe, so not a complete new design.  As hottubguy said, check out reviews of the Caldera Tarino, its as close to being the same tub without actually being the same tub.

hottubgirl2

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 10:13:54 pm »
Thank you both for your comments! That is very helpful and I am going to take a look at the Caldera Tarino, I really appreciate that information. Geez, I am really getting excited to see this hot tub tomorrow.

As far as the 110V and the power issue, we aren't really worried about losing too much heat while the jets are on as its only us and we lounge for about 20-30 minutes and here in Southeast TN, the winters aren't too severe, so I think while it will be different from our 220 tub from the past, it should serve us well. I like the idea of diverting power when you choose, so that sounds like a plus in my book.

The sales associate also said the tub circulates twice a day, so we need to review the usual procedure for sanitation and power. Bottom line...tomorrow is the day! Thanks for all your help and to the OP for letting me horn in on his post!

hottubgirl2

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 11:22:39 am »

8200 MSRP

Norcalhottub, I am wondering if you care to follow up with your experience with the Pace hot tub model. Did you end up purchasing this unit? Was the price as good as it sounds? If so, would love to hear your initial review. Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 11:22:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42