What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Who makes the Best High-End Hot Tubs?  (Read 4310 times)

kengc

Who makes the Best High-End Hot Tubs?
« on: April 30, 2020, 12:18:40 am »
Question for the pros on this site. Which companies make the best high-end hot tubs? We are looking for a hot tub for therapy and lounging that fits 6-8 people. We want lots of super high flow jets, powerful motors, fully insulated, quality components, no Chinese crap. We live in Southern California and would appreciate any recommendations on companies and hot tubs.

Thanks in advance

Ken

Hot Tub Forum

Who makes the Best High-End Hot Tubs?
« on: April 30, 2020, 12:18:40 am »

ratchett

Re: Who makes the Best High-End Hot Tubs?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 10:52:53 am »
Hotspring fanboy checking in.    Most name brands build multiple tiers of products, not all of them built with the same materials and to the same standards.

In my research it seems to me that Hotspring is Jacuzzi's biggest competitor, I have encountered many Hotspring Highlife owners on their second or third tub in 25+ years of ownership.  But they are by no means the only brand out there.

I would check out the top offerings from Jacuzzi, Hotspring, Caldera, Sundance, and Bullfrog.  See what dealers you have locally.   Note - the dealer you buy from is a major part of the equation as this will be your point of contact for all warranty service.  Be sure to review the online feedback from customers and ask questions about call-out fees and costs so you know what they are charging.  A dealer can make the difference between buying a second/third tub, and never buying another tub again. Don't buy a tub just because you want it if you are seeing red flags with the dealer.

Also note jets are extremely subjective to the user.  Once you've narrowed your hunt to one or two tubs, go find a dealer who will let you wet-test the tub.  You don't need to wet-test that exact model as long if they have something from that product tier then all jets should feel the same with the difference being seating configuration or jet placement.    Some people claim Hotspring jet pressure isn't the strongest on the market, but I find my jets can be more than powerful enough for my personal needs when turning off jet pressure to the seats I'm not using, you won't know until you wet-test. 

Last piece of advice - not all loungers are created the same.  Many people float out of loungers making them useless wasted space. If possible wet-test a tub with the lounger seat so you can ensure it's comfortable before making your investment.  This was a major concern for me since the lounger takes up most of my small tub, but I'm glad I got it.  The lounger is my favorite spot in the tub (even with the jets off, I like just laying back and stargazing).

But I'm a newbie, take my advice with a grain of salt lol
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 10:55:03 am by ratchett »

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 12:05:16 pm »
Check out Marquis Spas as well.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 02:33:31 pm »
Bullfrog M8 fits all your needs, I just filled mine up here on the showroom floor and gave it a test drive the other night, incredible spa if your looking for that lounge experience in a very high end spa, I also like the Hot Spring Envoy for a 5 capacity with a nice lounge + captains chair...both amazing spas from great manufacturers, I would also take a peak at the top collections from Artesian and Marquis...Good Luck!

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 09:03:52 am »
I consider the following to be premium brands: Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, Dimension One, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance.  Use the dealer locator and see what's available locally to you.  If its not available locally, its not available.  Check out the dealers too.  Once you know what's available, narrow down from there.

I have personal experience with Hot Spring, Caldera, and Marquis (currently sell Hot Spring and Caldera).  Therapy and comfort are subjective.  I personally don't care what size pumps a hot tub has or the supposed gallons per minute a jet can push.  I only care about what feels good against my back. 

For Hot Spring, I would check out the Envoy and Prism, for Caldera the Cantabria and Geneva and Marquis the Show and Epic.  Keep in mind you're not going to fit 6+ in many hot tubs with a lounger, just an FYI.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 09:03:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42