What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New sanitation systems = brain fried  (Read 1687 times)

Rustytb2001

New sanitation systems = brain fried
« on: April 27, 2020, 10:01:42 am »
 Ok I owned a hot tub 25 years ago and my choices were chlorine and bromine, now there's salt, ozone, frog ease and Lord knows what else. I've decided on a hot springs Flash but need to make a decision on my sanitation system. I've been reading and researching and honesty I'm more confused now than when I started. I'm pretty anal about my water chemistry, I have health issues and I'm a control freak so the idea of not testing is alien to me. I was diligent with my last tub, and I know what salt does to metal and wood so the idea of it just seems wrong to me. Every tub will leak sooner or later. Now ozone, I understand the concept and the silver cartridge concept, but when do you replace them?
This girl is used to, hardness, alk, ph, fc ect...all this new stuff is blowing my mind. I have a new house with well water so I know I need to take in a sample to test, especially for phosphates and although I like my dealer, he seemed set on converting me to a salt system. Can someone put this stuff into plain ole English for me? I like tried and true

Hot Tub Forum

New sanitation systems = brain fried
« on: April 27, 2020, 10:01:42 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: New sanitation systems = brain fried
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 03:05:15 pm »
Salt=chlorine. Mineral cartridges and ozone only help you use less chlorine, very little difference, mostly when your not using your tub. They are not strong enough to kill nasties introduced while using the tub. Frog systems are chlorine or bromine combined with minerals.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Re: New sanitation systems = brain fried
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 03:05:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42