What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Please Recommend Best Hot Tub under $6000  (Read 3126 times)

tallguy55

Please Recommend Best Hot Tub under $6000
« on: April 12, 2020, 07:57:04 pm »
I know similar topics have been discussed many times here.  I promised I spent some time looking for a recent thread, but I appreciate your input.

Wish list:
Larger tub, 89x89+ 400 Gallons+
6 Seats including Lounger
Energy Effiicient
Reputable Brand

Nice to Have
LED Lights
Music, other upgrades

I would like to find a good quality brand that ticks most of these boxes off.   I understand the better brands to be Bullfrog, Marquis, Hot Spring, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Arctic, Artesian, Dimension One, Master and Caldera.  Which am I missing?

I realize I'd be looking at probably the very bottom model with any of these, if they even have anything under $6k at all, many probably won't.

Larger size is important, I have a family of 8.   Where can I get the biggest tub for the best bang for buck?

Should I give up on sticking to those brands and find a another mid-teir brand?

Any specific model recommendations would be much appreciated.    Sorry if you've already answered this!

Hot Tub Forum

Please Recommend Best Hot Tub under $6000
« on: April 12, 2020, 07:57:04 pm »

castletonia

Re: Please Recommend Best Hot Tub under $6000
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 03:37:37 pm »
Honestly, no such thing for that price.  Unless you find a once in a lifetime deal, you would need to up that budget to at least $7k - $8k to get started.  My opinion, you are going to have to decide what is more important to you, quality or features, you're not going to get both on a tight budget.  Your list is solid and other than Master Spas, you won't probably won't get any disagreement on those brands being considered top tier.   

I can only speak about Hot Spring, Caldera, and Marquis.  Based on your wish list, take off Hot Spring.  They don't have a hot tub that meets your size and layout criteria.  Caldera has the Palatino though you're gonna have to stretch for it to be an option.  Marquis has the Woodstock but again, need to stretch in price and the standard Woodstock isn't going to be the most energy efficient in my opinion. 

I think you need to do 1 of the following 3 things:  Increase budget, utilize financing, or look used.  I wouldn't sacrifice quality just to get into something today. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 11:30:04 pm »
I know similar topics have been discussed many times here.  I promised I spent some time looking for a recent thread, but I appreciate your input.

Wish list:
Energy Effiicient
Reputable Brand

Nice to Have
LED Lights
Music, other upgrades

I would like to find a good quality brand that ticks most of these boxes off.   I understand the better brands to be Bullfrog, Marquis, Hot Spring, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Arctic, Artesian, Dimension One, Master and Caldera.  Which am I missing?

I realize I'd be looking at probably the very bottom model with any of these, if they even have anything under $6k at all, many probably won't.

Larger size is important, I have a family of 8.   Where can I get the biggest tub for the best bang for buck?

Any specific model recommendations would be much appreciated.    Sorry if you've already answered this!

You can have ALL of that for that price only if you're willing to buy used but for that price no way can you get that in a new spa without a time machine!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 09:52:20 pm »

Wish list:
Energy Effiicient
Reputable Brand

Nice to Have
LED Lights
Music, other upgrades

Used is the ONLY way to hit your price point.  If you were near me, I'd offer you my old 91" x 91" Jacuzzi which has a stereo, LED lights, dual waterfalls, lots of jets and seating for 6 comfortably for around $3K or so and I'd go out and spend $10K on a new Bullfrog
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 09:52:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42