What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Target jets or overall  (Read 2868 times)

Rustytb2001

Target jets or overall
« on: April 20, 2020, 12:43:04 pm »
I'm looking to purchase my first hot tub. I have Lupus and Ankylosing spondylitis, so lots of joint and muscle issues,specifically hips and shoulders. Finding a tub with hip jets is not an easy endeavor and although hubby says buy whatever I want, I would really like to keep price below $10k. Will I get good results without having specific jets for my hips? I have a Hot Springs, Caldera, Bullfrog and Artesian dealer responsibly close to me but with my health I'm not sure I feel comfortable wet testing.

Hot Tub Forum

Target jets or overall
« on: April 20, 2020, 12:43:04 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Target jets or overall
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 08:17:56 am »
I'm looking to purchase my first hot tub. I have Lupus and Ankylosing spondylitis, so lots of joint and muscle issues,specifically hips and shoulders. Finding a tub with hip jets is not an easy endeavor and although hubby says buy whatever I want, I would really like to keep price below $10k. Will I get good results without having specific jets for my hips? I have a Hot Springs, Caldera, Bullfrog and Artesian dealer responsibly close to me but with my health I'm not sure I feel comfortable wet testing.

Welcome to the forum!  While we spend $95% of the time in the tub with no jets, they are important.  We have owned a 7 person tub and now a 5 person tub and its usually just the two of us in it, so you can move around and use all the seats, in unusual ways :)  to get relief where you want it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 09:01:03 am »
If you find a brand that you like I might try and contact the manufacturer directly and let them know your situation and perhaps you could special order a spa with jetting where you need it.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 09:05:11 am »
Only you will be able to determine if you can live without hip jets.  Just like wrist jets, they are not very common.  You have a solid list of options.  I would personally suggest a wet test since you have specific therapy needs.  Just because there are not dedicated hip jets, doesn't mean you cannot get hip therapy.  It may be a bit awkward, but try positioning yourself in front of other jets in a manner that get your hips.  May not be ideal but it will allow you to broaden your search and keep your budget down.

Rustytb2001

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 02:28:36 pm »
I stopped in to my local Caldera dealer this morning. They let me come in a half hour before opening because of this virus and my medication weakens my immune system. He has a Marino in stock and full. Gave me a quote of $6399, cover, lifter, steps and delivered. I gave in and set up a wet test Saturday morning with hubby before the store opens. The dealer also carries Nordic that I can wet test Saturday also. Hibby loves a round tub but it didn't look really comfortable to me. The dealer really impressed me with making special accommodations for me and has good reviews.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 10:06:29 pm »
Very good price for that tub. I am about $1700 more. I carry Nordic as well. Think the Caldera is a more comfortable tub and at that price it’s a steal

Rustytb2001

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 03:22:00 pm »
Love the caldera and also got to wet test the Hot Springs Flash. I really liked the flare. Quoted price on the Flash was $9810, that's salt system, cover lifter,steps, chemicals
, delivery, setup and spa panel. Opinions on that pri price?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 04:31:53 pm by Rustytb2001 »

Rustytb2001

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 03:23:34 pm »
That's with tax, cash price

Rustytb2001

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 04:31:28 pm »
Not sure I want the salt system though. When I had a spa in the 90's the chlorine and shock was an easy system. Is this better?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 04:35:48 pm by Rustytb2001 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 04:31:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42