What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ceramic filters  (Read 2711 times)

jugdeep

Ceramic filters
« on: April 14, 2020, 12:14:04 pm »
What is the best way to clean ceramic filters and what products do you recommend.

Thanks

Jugdeep

Hot Tub Forum

Ceramic filters
« on: April 14, 2020, 12:14:04 pm »

ratchett

Re: Ceramic filters
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 12:59:38 pm »
My dealer has me washing my TriX ceramic filters once per month with a regular hose - they say they are top-shelf dishwasher friendly.  But I personally haven't done that.  My dealer said to use a Vinegar solution once per year to de-scale the filters (Basically soak the filters in Vinegar for a day then rinse thoroughly).  I haven't gotten to that stage yet, I might buy the official Hotspring filter cleaner and use that first, then a followup soak in vinegar before rinsing and re-installing.

I usually spray my filters from the inside out with the hose sprayer, then I place it on a PVC pole strapped between two posts (handrails for steps) and hit it with the sprayer so until it starts to spin up and splash everywhere - makes a damn wet mess but the filters seem to stay clean and my water stays crystal clear with minimal maintenance.

I've been tinkering with my 3D printers to develop various prototype sprayer systems to clean the filters.  Every month I test out a new prototype design.  Most of my tests have been failures but I'm gaining a lot of knowledge in the process. I've gone through half a dozen different prototypes and still haven't found anything which does a better job than a simple hose with a jet spray nozzle attached.  Oh well, this pandemic lockdown has given me the perfect excuse to continue tinkering with some of my more elaborate ideas for a filter cleaning machine.

I'm looking forward to sharing my results with the community once I have some sort of working proof of concept

jugdeep

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 06:45:56 pm »
Do you use a soap or detergent to clean them of just spray them?

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 09:53:19 pm »
Besides the dishwasher, you would use the same filter cleaner that any other filter would use.  I sell either FreshWater filter cleaner or SpaGuard filter cleaner to my customers.

ratchett

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 06:27:22 am »
Besides the dishwasher, you would use the same filter cleaner that any other filter would use.  I sell either FreshWater filter cleaner or SpaGuard filter cleaner to my customers.

Is the Hotspring filter cleaner specially formulated for the ceramic filters?  Or would any brand of spa filter cleaner work just as well on the ceramic filters?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 06:27:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42