What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clear Comfort System  (Read 2447 times)

retiredmt

Clear Comfort System
« on: March 05, 2020, 05:39:37 pm »
Has anyone installed a Clear Comfort system in their hot tub or swim spa? If so, what do you think of it?

Hot Tub Forum

Clear Comfort System
« on: March 05, 2020, 05:39:37 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Clear Comfort System
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 10:56:27 am »
***Earlier post was incorrect.  I have removed my content as it was erroneous, with apologies.***
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 03:02:57 pm by The Wizard of Spas »

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 01:57:35 pm »
From the point of view of a manufacturer - any biguanide-based product is strictly banned from use in my tubs, and I am sure to notify each and every wholesaler of ours every year as a reminder.  The product is extremely harsh on seals and causes them to prematurely fail.  The seals will turn a tint of ugly yellow develop systemic leaks w/in a few years due to the nature of the product and how it effects the integrity of said seals, so we void all warranties when this product is used.  I know many manufacturers who have the same / similar language in their warranties as well, so I'd read the fine print of the your warranty before making any purchase. 

I am in no way passing judgement on the product, its ability to preform, its quality, etc. but rather simply conveying the dangers of the byproduct as to how it effects our parts and likely the parts of most manufacturers.

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

https://clearcomfort.com/

It isn't biguanide.  It's basically a super powered UV-C deal.

I'm on the fence about trying it out.  It's really pricey.  Like the old ACE Salt water Systems in Hot Spring.  But if it works... it works! 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 02:56:55 pm »
From the point of view of a manufacturer - any biguanide-based product is strictly banned from use in my tubs, and I am sure to notify each and every wholesaler of ours every year as a reminder.  The product is extremely harsh on seals and causes them to prematurely fail.  The seals will turn a tint of ugly yellow develop systemic leaks w/in a few years due to the nature of the product and how it effects the integrity of said seals, so we void all warranties when this product is used.  I know many manufacturers who have the same / similar language in their warranties as well, so I'd read the fine print of the your warranty before making any purchase. 

I am in no way passing judgement on the product, its ability to preform, its quality, etc. but rather simply conveying the dangers of the byproduct as to how it effects our parts and likely the parts of most manufacturers.

I'm on the fence about trying it out.  It's really pricey.  Like the old ACE Salt water Systems in Hot Spring.  But if it works... it works!

like a proprietary ozone maybe? I wonder if it's like Bullfrog's EOS system: https://www.bullfrogspas.com/eos/

Their website is full of red flags like the terms 'drinking water level' 'low chemical' etc so i'd have my doubts, but again I have no experience with it either

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 03:17:12 pm »

There was a biguianide brand called Clear Comfort that used to compete against Baquacil, and I assumed it was that.  I have amended my earlier post as it was erroneous.

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 05:59:34 pm »

like a proprietary ozone maybe? I wonder if it's like Bullfrog's EOS system: https://www.bullfrogspas.com/eos/

Their website is full of red flags like the terms 'drinking water level' 'low chemical' etc so I'd have my doubts, but again I have no experience with it either

Naw, EOS is just a super high powered ozone and mixing chamber.  So it should be more effective than other ozone.

This essentially does what ACE claimed to do in breaking down the water to create Active oxygen.  You remember that right BFSMN?  lol.

However, this does that to Air and creates hydroxyl radicals.  Since those are incredibly reactive, it basically destroys every contaminant it touches.  However, it has a really short life in the water.

So in talking to them, they said they would want an air pump attached to some models to make it work better, depending on bather load.  The circulation pumps might not be enough.  Only in some cases.

I think it could be a great system... and as I said, I might try it.  The problem is that it is difficult to understand, which means the market is limited.

You need a small amount of chlorine to be, similar to Silk Balance and every other miracle system to be compliant with the fuzz.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 05:59:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42