What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs and Caldera - Are these good prices?  (Read 7007 times)

mkhutchison

Hot Springs and Caldera - Are these good prices?
« on: December 23, 2019, 09:10:10 am »
Wet tested a few tubs yesterday and were quoted the following on in stock tubs. Curious if these are good prices or not (we haven’t even tried negotiating yet). If you have any other feedback on these tubs, please share!

Hot Springs Envoy $13,400
Caldera Seychelles $10,800
Caldera Makena $9,999

Includes salt system, steps, cover/lifter of our choice, delivery

Thanks in advance for any advice!

M

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs and Caldera - Are these good prices?
« on: December 23, 2019, 09:10:10 am »

castletonia

Re: Hot Springs and Caldera - Are these good prices?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 01:30:47 pm »
I would say really good price on the Envoy and Makena.  The Seychelles is not a bad price, more what I consider a normal price. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 04:53:52 pm »
Wet tested a few tubs yesterday and were quoted the following on in stock tubs. Curious if these are good prices or not (we haven’t even tried negotiating yet). If you have any other feedback on these tubs, please share!

Hot Springs Envoy $13,400
Caldera Seychelles $10,800
Caldera Makena $9,999

Includes salt system, steps, cover/lifter of our choice, delivery

Thanks in advance for any advice!

M

Are you sure you didn’t reverse Makena and Seychelles price?

mkhutchison

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 05:01:28 pm »
Thanks both! No, the dealer is offering the Makena cheaper (at least those in stock). I honestly can’t remember why.

We wet tested the Seychelles and the Grandee. Liked the Seychelles, but really liked the Moto massage in the grande but want a lounger so sat in a dry envoy and thought it had 3 really nice seats. However, not sure if I want to pay over $13k and the Makena price is appealing.

Any thoughts on these 3 tubs? I know it’s all personal preference, but anything to add would be appreciated.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 06:23:45 pm »
Yeah that’s weird. I’m opposite on price. That’s a real good price on Makena. Think the better comp to Envoy would be the Geneva which I own. Makena is very comfortable and has good jet pressure. Is the Makena a 2018 or 2019?

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 06:37:08 pm »
Your dealer is probably like many.  The Seychelles is a better seller than the Makena and he is trying to rotate inventory. 

ratchett

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 08:06:46 pm »
My first spa is a Hotspring Highlife and I was torn between wanting a lounger with the motomassager or not because I'd heard so many negative things.  Personally its my favorite spot in the spa.    Your comfort in a lounger really depends on your buoyancy and height, so I'd suggest trying to wet-test a highlife spa with a lounger to see how you like it.

I really enjoy the Motomassager, my wife and I constantly fight over the lounger, expensive investment but totally worth it.

mkhutchison

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 08:39:46 pm »
Yeah that’s weird. I’m opposite on price. That’s a real good price on Makena. Think the better comp to Envoy would be the Geneva which I own. Makena is very comfortable and has good jet pressure. Is the Makena a 2018 or 2019?

I am not sure if it is 2018 or 2019. I will ask. Should it influence my decision?

The only reason we ended up considering the HS Envoy is the moto massage we experienced in the grandee that they had available to wet test. We weren’t even planning to get into the grandee, but it was next to the Seychelles we were in so figured why not.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 08:44:26 pm »

I am not sure if it is 2018 or 2019. I will ask. Should it influence my decision?

The only reason we ended up considering the HS Envoy is the moto massage we experienced in the grandee that they had available to wet test. We weren’t even planning to get into the grandee, but it was next to the Seychelles we were in so figured why not.

Looking back at beginning of your post it can’t be if it includes salt. Salt is only on 2019 and beyond. 2018 didn’t have salt as a option

mkhutchison

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 09:58:35 am »
Are the Seychelles and Makena similar enough that if we’ve wet tested the Seychelles we could confidently buy the Makena?

ratchett

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2019, 02:31:58 pm »
Are the Seychelles and Makena similar enough that if we’ve wet tested the Seychelles we could confidently buy the Makena?

From what I understand about these brands, every tub in the same "line", in this case "paradise" series would be comparable to each other, with simply different jet counts and seating configurations between the models.

So with that being given, if you liked the one, the other should be similar with different seating configuration.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2019, 08:50:43 pm »
Yes. It’s a bigger and spacious tub. Only thing I like better on the Seychelles is there is a step getting into tub versus Makena you step in over lounge. If you have room to put stairs on a side it would be good.  Better value on that tub
L

mkhutchison

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2019, 10:53:30 am »
My first spa is a Hotspring Highlife and I was torn between wanting a lounger with the motomassager or not because I'd heard so many negative things.  Personally its my favorite spot in the spa.    Your comfort in a lounger really depends on your buoyancy and height, so I'd suggest trying to wet-test a highlife spa with a lounger to see how you like it.

I really enjoy the Motomassager, my wife and I constantly fight over the lounger, expensive investment but totally worth it.

What are the complaints about the moto-massager?

mkhutchison

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2019, 11:00:47 am »
Yes. It’s a bigger and spacious tub. Only thing I like better on the Seychelles is there is a step getting into tub versus Makena you step in over lounge. If you have room to put stairs on a side it would be good.  Better value on that tub
L

Thanks for your notes. Very helpful. We noticed the step-in was not as nice for Makena, but given how much better a value, I think we’ve ruled the Seychelles out. Unfortunately, cannot decide if we should splurge on the envoy (got it down to $12,900) or go with the Makena ($9,999) We have not been able to test the Envoy (only the Grandee which has Moto-massage but doesn’t have a lounger). And the dealer says he is not able to get power to the Envoy based on where it is on the floor.

ratchett

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2019, 11:17:33 am »
What are the complaints about the moto-massager?

Whoops, sorry for the confusion, none complaints about the motomassager specifically. I actually meant negative things about lounger seats.  Does your dealer have any Hotspring Highlife spa's with a lounger to test?

The biggest issue with a lounger is your height and BMI - I am 5 foot 11 inches tall, average build and I fit perfectly in the lounger, don't float or anything.  My mother is around five feet tall and the water was too high for her, she floated out of the lounger (and my deeper seat) making the lounger worthless for her (who is considering a spa for her new home).   But if you are around 5-foot 10 inches or taller, you should fit the lounger with no problem.

Personally I really enjoy the motomassager and the fact that I can adjust the speed/power of the arms by turning off other jets in the spa (twisting each jet clockwise to turn them off, precisely dialing in how much power I want sent to the motomassager).  The Envoy gets my personal vote since that's the one I want when I trade in my Jetsetter for something bigger when I rebuild my patio haha

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2019, 11:17:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42