What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Losing Water?  (Read 4391 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Losing Water?
« on: September 21, 2004, 11:22:23 pm »
We're about 6 weeks into our Optima and about every 2 weeks I need to add about an inch or so of water.  I don't notice any leaks and all seems dry around the tub.   Does this amout of water loss sound normal?  I know I can lose water due to evaporation, kids splashing, getting out dripping wet, etc...   Thoughts?
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Losing Water?
« on: September 21, 2004, 11:22:23 pm »

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
Re: Losing Water?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 06:49:26 am »
Sounds normal.  I've had to add about 2 inches in th 3 weeks that I've had my tub.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 07:47:58 am »
Sounds normal.  I've had to add about 2 inches in th 3 weeks that I've had my tub.

Agreed, that sounds normal,  That extra water is also good for keeping your TSD count down.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 07:51:25 am »
It gets worse due to evaporation during the winter, at least in the NE where I am.  Adding water lowers TDS only from splash out, not evaporation.  TDS, like CYA, does not get evaporated out.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 07:54:38 am »
Sounds totally normal to me.  If you are not loosing a little bit of water it means that you are not using you spa enough!
Brewman
Brewman

autoplay

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 08:05:48 am »
As you mentioned in a previous post......spiders are makin residence in your controls. You ever give it a thought that the spiders are consuming your chemically balanced tub?

I heard through the grapevine,that Mr. Haven had ENGINEERED a flock of spa seeking spiders,and they were going to go after any and all spas. Sorry to hear they got to yours. I'm prepared to fight off the engineered spiders with all my might.

BBL,off to protect my water!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 09:15:41 am »
He must have raised the money to do spider research by hooking several of his spas to the power grid.  
After all, they are so effecient that they actually generate excess power which is sold back to his electric provider.
Brewman
Brewman

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 10:30:28 am »
OK... Here's another question then.

If this is normal, and I'm adding water on a regular basis, should I be using something like MetalGon or Minquest on a regular basis?  If you have to use this when you fill the first time to get rid of metals would you not have to use at least a little everytime you add more water?
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 10:39:43 am »
Not if you are only topping off.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 10:39:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42