What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian South Seas 860 Price  (Read 6167 times)

Hottubtime

Artesian South Seas 860 Price
« on: October 28, 2019, 01:15:21 pm »
South Seas 860L with cover, steps, delivery, start up chems and full foam....$7995 plus tax. How is the price? And does anyone have this brand/tub? Experiences and/or advice?

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian South Seas 860 Price
« on: October 28, 2019, 01:15:21 pm »

Sam

Re: Artesian South Seas 860 Price
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 02:32:33 pm »
That's a good price and lower than I sell it for.  After 24 years in the industry and working with many major manufacturers, I am confident that Artesian builds a spa that holds up well against anything out there with respect to build quality and reliability. 

Hottubtime

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 04:58:00 pm »
Thanks Sam...Since you are a dealer...Can you answer me this?

I want the full foam energy efficient package that Artesian offers in their brochure as an upgrade. I live in a cold weather area so this is important to me.

My local dealer is offering the full foam upgrade with their current “sale” at the price above.  Is this the same type of insulation that Artesian offers or is this a gimmick from the dealer? Just figured the full foam would be reasonably more expensive.  Thanks!

Sam

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 12:24:31 pm »
I pm'd you, but yes it's the same.

SilverSpringHotTub

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 08:36:30 pm »
Hottubtime, that price seems really good based on what I was quoted today. Either that or the price I was quoted is terrible :-)

I was quoted $9500 for the 860-B, 2% less if paid with cash. Includes lifter, chems, steps and delivery.

Can I ask where you are located? I'm in the D.C. metro area which tends to be pricier.

Thanks!

Hottubtime

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 09:44:35 pm »
I am near Buffalo NY... just waiting on delivery!

ratchett

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 06:01:13 am »
Hottubtime, that price seems really good based on what I was quoted today. Either that or the price I was quoted is terrible :-)

I was quoted $9500 for the 860-B, 2% less if paid with cash. Includes lifter, chems, steps and delivery.

Can I ask where you are located? I'm in the D.C. metro area which tends to be pricier.

Thanks!

Prices can vary wildly depending on the dealer.   My one "big-backyard style" HotSpring dealer wanted nearly $10,500 for the Jetsetter - and they were terrible (answered questions with wrong info, high service fees, replacement parts were listed at MSRP, etc).   I didn't like the store as I felt they catered to those people looking for an "HGTV quality backyard makeover" on a healthy budget looking to buy everything from one store.  Great for people not on a budget, not so great if you're trying to get the best bang for your buck.

Meanwhile another dealer who is equal distance from me in the opposite direction is charging almost $2500 LESS for the exact same year/make/model with competitive pricing on service parts (and $0 call out fees for first five years).   

As I found after shopping around a dozen different spa retailers in my area (for all the big name brands), I discovered it really does pay to find the right dealer.   If you like the spa but don't have a good feeling about the dealer, walk away - there is always a better deal to be found if you look hard enough.  Always read the reviews from previous customers of whatever dealer you're buying from - if they service spas you'll certainly see reviews from people who have used the service department. Pay close attention to those reviews.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 06:06:45 am by ratchett »

Hottubtime

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 01:03:21 pm »
The dealer I went with seemed more genuine than most. Their price was their price and there was no budging. Although this was frustrating a bit, it was also refreshing not having to wheel and deal. They told me other dealers have larger mark ups and make you believe you’re getting a great deal when they knock some money off. This particular dealer said we sell for at cheap as we can and that’s it, no games. They only deal with Sundance and Artesian. It’s a family run business and their wasn’t any pressure or phone calls checking up on me after my 5+ visits to the store trying to make up my mind. I appreciated that. Tub is being processed now and I’m waiting on delivery! Hoping for a smooth delivery and great tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 01:03:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42