What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Comparison on quality and reliability  (Read 5023 times)

terps19

Comparison on quality and reliability
« on: November 01, 2019, 01:00:00 pm »
Ok so we have narrowed it down to 3 main brands and we are close to making a decision, and should have it made Saturday, so that is exciting:

Jacuzzi J-335, Bullfrog R6L, Artesian Grand Bahama/Elite, and Artesian South Seas 860L.   

They each have a little different features but I wanted to know the long term reliability/quality of the build, jets, pumps etc.  Each come from a local dealer and each would be the call to make when it needs repairs etc.  The dealers all seem very knowledgeable and not pressure guys. 

Thanks!   

Hot Tub Forum

Comparison on quality and reliability
« on: November 01, 2019, 01:00:00 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Comparison on quality and reliability
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 01:11:50 pm »
I'd wager almost everyone on this forum would agree that the 3 brands are of great quality - on an Apples to Apples basis - so it looks like you're picking among the better end of the scale.  The best way to differentiate is to wet test and find what feels best.

I'd note that South Seas is a lower-end line of Artesian Spas in comparison to the Island Elite line, for context.  Just an FYI.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 02:03:11 pm »
All things being equal, quality and reliability I would say are almost all exactly the same.

As a dealer, if I was taking on one of these brands, it would almost entirely come down to the relationship I have and who I feel most comfortable with long term with the company.

Of course... the wet test too

terps19

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 06:09:25 pm »
Right on and yes we are wet testing the ones we haven't yet on Saturday.  And yes I am aware that the Artesian South Seas is not the same as the Island Elite, I just didnt know if they sacrificed quality for the price that is given.  If it were of inferior quality I would like to know.  I just liked that I get the layout that i like at a price that is a good amount below the others. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 08:32:44 am »
Right on and yes we are wet testing the ones we haven't yet on Saturday.  And yes I am aware that the Artesian South Seas is not the same as the Island Elite, I just didnt know if they sacrificed quality for the price that is given.  If it were of inferior quality I would like to know.  I just liked that I get the layout that i like at a price that is a good amount below the others.

When you sell anything for less you always compromise on quantity and quality. That doesn't make it a bad product just not the same.
Retired

swilly1000

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 10:30:34 am »
In that group Artesian.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 11:23:58 am »
In that group Artesian.

Why?

Each of the brands you are looking at are quality tubs. Let the wet test and dealer experience be the deciding factor

swilly1000

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 03:09:49 pm »
Personal preference.

terps19

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 05:24:29 pm »
Ok cool.  Price wise they are all about the same except for the grand bahama elite. 

J335 $9400
Tropic Seas Wiakiki/Elite $8100/$8900

Then the rest of the Tropic Seas tubs are lesser in price:

Maui $7600, Kona $7000, Rio $7000

So I wanted to make sure that if I chose Tropic Seas in either form, I would not be sacrificing too much in the way of quality and longevity and reliability. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2019, 08:59:50 pm »
Ok cool.  Price wise they are all about the same except for the grand bahama elite. 

J335 $9400
Tropic Seas Wiakiki/Elite $8100/$8900

Then the rest of the Tropic Seas tubs are lesser in price:

Maui $7600, Kona $7000, Rio $7000

So I wanted to make sure that if I chose Tropic Seas in either form, I would not be sacrificing too much in the way of quality and longevity and reliability.

No, mostly features, but some longevity and reliability. Just take care of it, then it won't matter.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2019, 08:59:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42