What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nature2 in Optima  (Read 3712 times)

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
Nature2 in Optima
« on: September 20, 2004, 05:46:22 pm »
Is it ok to just float a Nature2 cartridge in the filter bucket rather than put the SunPurity cartridge in the weir gate's brominator slot?  

Hot Tub Forum

Nature2 in Optima
« on: September 20, 2004, 05:46:22 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Nature2 in Optima
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 05:56:04 pm »
As long as it stays submerged and doesn't physically interfere with anything to mess up your filtering you're fine.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 07:34:05 pm »
I have the spa frog laying on the filter against the back wall of the compartment.  I had looked at putting it into the filter but I wasn't so sure it wouldn't cause some blocking in there.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 10:53:44 am »
You not only can, but want to lay the Nature2 or Frog cartridge right on top of the filter.  The reason is you want it to work with the circ pump which draws through the micro clean filter.  This filter is short and does not accept the cartridge well.  If it is outside the filter, it will work with both filtering systems.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 11:38:38 am »
You not only can, but want to lay the Nature2 or Frog cartridge right on top of the filter.  The reason is you want it to work with the circ pump which draws through the micro clean filter.  This filter is short and does not accept the cartridge well.  If it is outside the filter, it will work with both filtering systems.

We plan on using the Spa Frog once we do our first refill.  You think it would be as effective just sitting by the filter instead of inside it?  I would think that even if you are restricted to the filter cycles you would pull a lot more water through the Frog if it's inside the filter than if it's outside.   If it's just sitting in the filter compartment, wouldn't it get pushed aside and only a little bit of water would actually go through it?  If it's inside the filter then I would think that a lot more water would actually pass through the Frog.  Anyone else out there use the Frog and have thoughts on this?  (guess this also applied to Nature2)
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 12:55:00 pm »
The water flow will be the same either inside or outside the filter.  The Sundance version of Nature2 (SunPurity) is placed in the brominator in the weir gate.  This is outside the filter.  King Technology who manufactures the Frog instructs you to place the cartridge outside the filter on systems with pumps greater than 2.5 hp which would include Sundance.

I used the Frog for well over a year before switching to the SunPurity.

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 02:52:00 pm »
Thanks all.  Tony you said you switched away from the Frog after a year, any reason?  The Frog costs less then the Sunpurity so if it is no different why pay the 30% premimum for one that fits into the weir gate?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 04:50:53 pm »
My dealer sells both for the same price, so I use the SunPurity now but that is subject to change.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 04:50:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42