What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Flowrate for Sundance pumps  (Read 2329 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Flowrate for Sundance pumps
« on: September 20, 2004, 02:45:58 pm »
Does anyone know what the flowrate is for the pumps on the Optima?  I looked on the Sundance website and even sent them email but have not got a response.  I'm curious what the flowate is for the circ pump, and the single / dual speed pumps.  Just wondering as I read the threads about filtering and turning the water over however number of times.  I have no idea where Sundance fits into that mix.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Flowrate for Sundance pumps
« on: September 20, 2004, 02:45:58 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Flowrate for Sundance pumps
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 04:58:39 pm »
I can't quote turnover rates, but the Optima uses the constantly running circulation pump to run water thru the micro filter.  It looks like a fairly slow rate, but it's constant.  
In addition to this, the main pump pulls a large volume of water thru the large pleated (main?) filter as often as you want.  If I recall, the factory sets this to four time per 24 hours, for 30 minutes per run, but this is completely adjustable by the owner.  
I've left the filter cycles as set at the factory, and our water is always nice and clear.

Brewman
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 04:59:35 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

cparlf

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 08:55:56 am »
I could be wrong, but I think the factory preset filter routine is set at 4 x a day for 15 minutes.  We found this to be not enough while the kids were home, and the dealer recommended increasing to 1 1/2 hours 4 x a day.  Remember it is the 2 speed pump on low speed.  Our water is crystal, (at least it was yesterday?) clear.  The dealer advised us to use the filter to maintain the water.  Keep the additives to an absolute minimum, run the filter. In his experience (the dealer is a District Manager for Sundance) he claims the cost is low compared to extra chemicals, and fewer water changes.  We are using bromine tabs (3 in the dispenser), usually a very little chlorine after each soak and  tablesp00n or so once a week and about a shot glass of baking soda a week to keep alk up.  No scum digester, no spa blue, occaisional foam stuff in a spray bottle.  Will probably hopefully? change the water in late October / early November making it a 3 to 4 month interval for water change.  

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 04:32:27 pm »
Sundance factory preset is 4 x 30min. per day

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 04:32:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42