What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: floating out of seats?  (Read 7349 times)

Kelley

floating out of seats?
« on: September 19, 2004, 02:46:08 pm »
Do any of the rest of you spa users have problems floating out of seats...Not loungers I mean the regular seats. Some of the spas I sat in yesterday were a real struggle for me to stay in. Does the angle of the seat change that??? Is it just an issue of getting used to the controls so that your not BLASTED right out...I am a little concerned.

Hot Tub Forum

floating out of seats?
« on: September 19, 2004, 02:46:08 pm »

huh?

• "42"
Re: floating out of seats?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 03:06:16 pm »
They actually make a weighted belt that will "keep you grounded".  Not sure on the manuf
¿

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 05:06:08 pm »
For me when I start to float out of the seat it means the the husband has the jets turned up too high.   ;D

I have also found that if I keep my feet on the dome on the floor I can apply enough control to keep me in my seat, but more often than not it is not too much of a problem.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 05:44:05 pm »
Your bare bottom will grip the seats better than your suit.  ;D    You did say some of the seats, so keep trying and balance the bad with the good and what is good for the rest of your family.

What models have you tried? Where do you live?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 05:46:04 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Dave_L

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 07:59:52 pm »
Kelley,

My wife had the same problem. Configuration or type of the seating from the various manufacturers we wet tested did not seem to make the difference. That is why we chose a tub with a centre foot dome. In our case the Jacuzzi 365.  It appears resting feet against the dome helps minimize the floating action.

We have had the tub about 3 weeks and no one (we have had lots of family and friends enjoy it) has mentioned floating.

Dave

Kelley

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 08:29:41 pm »
I have tried the Marquis, Caldera, Master, and Artesian.

bethshar

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 09:17:48 pm »
The foot dome definitely helps you brace yourself when you want a stronger massage.  Keeping your hips below your shoulders rather than leaning back will keep you in your seat.  Oh, and small children seated on your lap also helps.

keesterdog

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 09:06:16 am »
you may also want to sit a little away from the jets .  or if the spas have air injectors or turbo air, you might want to turn them down

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 05:19:12 pm »
Alot of your major manuf's. will put a little ledge in the lounger, at about your mid-calf.  The ledge is to lock you heels in and push your back against the shell.  This should hold you in pretty well.  At least for the lounger.
¿

woebbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 05:58:36 pm »
we had the same problem floating out of the seat when we where wet testing.
i  had my hs landmark for over a year now and i find out that it  often is the bathing suit that keep the airbobbles inside and makes you float out of the seat.

If you dont want to wet test naked then try with bathing suit that sits tight on the body, maby that will help.

good luck :o

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 06:52:06 pm »
If you dont want to wet test naked then try with bathing suit that sits tight on the body, maby that will help.

good luck :o

It might help in the whole "negotiating" proccess. :o
¿

keesterdog

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 08:44:47 pm »
"If you dont want to wet test naked then try with bathing suit that sits tight on the body, maby that will help."

just remember guys.  it's hot water so you can't use the cold water excuse. :-[

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 08:44:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42