What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: In Canada: Artesian or Hot Springs?  (Read 2282 times)

girltubhot

In Canada: Artesian or Hot Springs?
« on: October 01, 2019, 03:14:10 pm »
We live in a small city (Kingston) in Canada. There’s not much choice locally but we do have Aqua Bay, an Artesian dealer and a Hot Springs and Caldera dealer Pioneer Pools. Also Hydrapool dealer but I’m not interested in Hydrapool.

I’ve been reading up a lot and I still have a lot of questions. What’s the most reliable way to find what parts are used? And how easy they are to change out yourself after warranty?

Since our winters are fairly harsh, how do we find out what tubs are better insulated, or at least that we can add insulation?

For the fit-test, is it simply a matter of personal comfort?

And how can I find out those things that I likely don’t even know to ask about?

Hot Tub Forum

In Canada: Artesian or Hot Springs?
« on: October 01, 2019, 03:14:10 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: In Canada: Artesian or Hot Springs?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 03:37:36 pm »
#1 is always comfort.  Wet test!
#2 is the dealer - Are they reputable?  Do they have good reviews?

Most people "in the know" would say both brands are very reputable and you're on the right track when deciding.  Go forward with the tips from above and pare down to a size, internal layout, and series for each brands.  Compare and contrast and go from there.

Good luck moving forward!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 06:32:51 pm »
And I wouldn't rule out Hydrapool, they have been around a while and have a following.

Take your time, see which dealer you like the best (how long have they been around, any references?) as your deciding on a tubs layout, size and design/features.

Artesian, Hot Springs and Caldera are all good brands.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 02:39:10 pm »
The hot spring will have proprietary parts while the artesian uses all Balboa stuff that is readily available.  Artesian's are pretty easy to work on yourself, as are most hot tub problems.

Both spas are insulated extremely well.  No need to worry about that with those 2.

I'm personally not a fan of Hydropool and think artesian and hot spring are both better choices.

girltubhot

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 10:05:56 pm »
Thanks everyone!  I did find out Artesian uses Balboa, and Sam just confirmed that (thank you!) so that makes the Artesian tubs more attractive. But the prices are.... more than I expected, which, having just finished some major home renovations, I know things are usually much more expensive than you expect! I'm not sure what models my husband went to look at, but he said the "91" one was 12,200 and the 84" model was 10,200". This includes the cover and skirting, but it's another $500 for delivery, chemicals and cover lifter. Plus 13% tax.  This is Canadian keep in mind, but does that price sound some what reasonable?  I may call around to other dealers but it would sure be nice to stick with the local dealer, as long as they are reputable (I'm still doing my research on that bit).

Edit: My husband said the numbers he was given were approximate numbers, as in most of the 91" models they have are around $12,200 for example.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 10:16:00 pm by girltubhot »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 10:05:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42