What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for Vinny!  (Read 3895 times)

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
Looking for Vinny!
« on: September 18, 2004, 01:24:06 am »
Wondering if you found a dealer in New Jersey to wet test the tub.
Look for B&B Pools and spas for sundance and Prisco Spas for hot springs both have an excellent tarck record and the sales people are very helpful.
Ask for pete @ B&B.

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for Vinny!
« on: September 18, 2004, 01:24:06 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Looking for Vinny!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 08:25:34 am »
Wondering if you found a dealer in New Jersey to wet test the tub.
Look for B&B Pools and spas for sundance and Prisco Spas for hot springs both have an excellent tarck record and the sales people are very helpful.
Ask for pete @ B&B.

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought one our our dealers started it because someone missed a payment or two.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 09:02:51 am »
wmccall - With a name like Vinny - Do you think I need to worry?

sobe - I'm actually going to be purchasing a tub for this spring. Big project planned: upgrade electrical to 200 amp, build a composite deck, buy tub and enclose deck and tub in screened room.

I just research everything to the nth degree - this is a major character flaw of mine. I started "looking" in the beginning of summer (I was half hoping to be doing this project now) and looked at a lot of manufacturers' products to see what and who I liked and didn't. At this point, I've narrowed it down to 2 lines of spas - Beachcomber and Emerald, of course this can change ;D.

I didn't get a good feeling from my local Hot Springs and Sundance dealers (along with a few others) and to be quite honest the prices for both were quite high for me. I walked int the Hot Springs dealer and he quoted me a price of $7200 for the Sovereign and 2 weeks later I saw it advertised by him for $6800 - not a good feeling for me. The Sweetwater Bahia was quoted at $6500 ($6900 w/ taxes) (I thought this was a little on the high side) for everything and I helped the salesman make a sale while I was there! He wouldn't even quote me a Sundance!

With the above said - I was quoted a price for the Emerald Cygnus 7009 of $7000 and it seems to be higher end tub (in my opinion) and I saw a Beachcomber 580 for $5600.  I look at what gives me the most value - it doesn't have to be cheap, but it has to give me value.

sobe - Thank you - I DO appreciate you helping me out with finding dealers. I may visit other Hot Spring and Sundance dealers to see if my local dealers are duds.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 11:24:57 am »
Sobe must be in my neck of the woods (Rockland County, NY)  because those are 2 dealers that I went to.  I bought my Vista from Prisco.

Both dealers have great reputations in this area.

Good luck on the project Vinny, my 28x20 patio is almost complete and the spa is due to be at my house on Thurs or Friday.  Alot of planning and $$$ goes into this, but I think it will be worth every penny.

Jonathan

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 11:53:12 am »
Good luck to you to!

I agree that it will be worth every penny. It originally doesn't start out as a big project (at least to me it didn't). It was a wood deck with a tub sitting on a slab next to it, then it was a composite deck with the tub next to it. Then it became a composite screened deck as above and last (may not be least) it's this project!

My simple plans were altered by my wife and she's right, it'll be nice to be tubbin outside and not have to deal with bugs (we hate bugs)!

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 01:07:53 pm »
Newtotubbing,
                     I live in bergen county and bought an optima from B&b spas.

Vinny,
        You are going about it in the proper way and doing all the research necessary as it will pay off in the long run. Our tub is placed on a cedar deck and it too had to be reinforced and the electric had to be upgraded to 200amps. It all equates to extra dollars spent and hence increasing the original budget.
But it is all worth it.

bethshar

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 07:59:58 pm »
Just stopping in to say "Hi" to my Rockland/Bergen neighbors!
::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 07:59:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42