What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Spa with broken bottom ring?  (Read 1656 times)

mickeyme

Arctic Spa with broken bottom ring?
« on: August 30, 2019, 04:59:24 pm »
Soooo....  We've been debating on the swim spa idea for a couple of years now, and are finally getting ready to move forward.

We happen to have a local Arctic Spas dealer who happens to have two Arctic Spas Ocean Legend spas on clearance for $17k each.  The catch is that they are used spas with a "small warp" that has caused a "broken bottom ring."  This, according to the person I talked to on the phone, may cause them to cost a little more to heat as it affects the insulation, but otherwise they are in good condition.  I've not seen the issue in person, but I'm wondering if this is worth pursuing?  Is the price ok for what is being described?  Are we better off to get a new tub in new condition?  I'd like to save money but I also want to get a good quality product that will last, not a problem from the start.

For those who know Arctic Spas, are they a good brand to consider?  If we get a new spa, is this a known issue that may happen anyway?

And are there other brands we should be considering?  Other local options include Endless Spa and Marquis.  We've gone back and forth between a swim spa and a pool, but don't necessarily think we'd get enough use out of a pool due to weather (we are in northeast Ohio).  We also like the exercise options for the swim spa.

Thanks!  We really appreciate any advice!

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic Spa with broken bottom ring?
« on: August 30, 2019, 04:59:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42