What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: beachcomber or hydropool  (Read 29400 times)

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
beachcomber or hydropool
« on: September 15, 2004, 12:20:59 pm »
Looking at the Hydropool 575 and Beachcomber 578.  Both tubs have features that I'm happy with, the dealers are both local, and prices are within $500.  The Hydropool has a promo. to include an ozonator, 5 year warranty, and a cover lifter.  This seems to be an advantage for Hydropool.  Can anyone give me information to help this decision.

Thanks
Bobhol

Hot Tub Forum

beachcomber or hydropool
« on: September 15, 2004, 12:20:59 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: beachcomber or hydropool
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 12:43:55 pm »
Steve,  is that you? ;D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 12:44:05 pm »
Not sure what you're looking for in a tub, but if they're around the $ 8K mark, definitely peak at either Jacuzzi or their sister brand Sweetwater.  I've had a Beachcomber 530, and never liked the lack of power the pump had.  I believe the 578 only has one pump as well, and it just doesn't seem to be powerful enough.  I'm considering a Jacuzzi J-345, and it has a ton of power, when you need it, and great roomy feel.

I don't know a lot about hydropool.

zzaphod42

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 12:44:07 pm »
I am quite interested in what you will have to say about this Steve, considering your past connections to Beachcomber, and current ones to Hydropool.

Unless Hydropool has changed the height of the 575 in the last 2 years, I would guess that the height difference between the two tubs could make an impact on the decision. (38" vs 29.5")

Have you tried wet testing the two models yet? I promise you they will feel different, and that may be enough to make your decision for you.

Joe

bobhol

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 01:24:47 pm »
the hydropool is 36 high ,but is also made in 29 inch . oh,did i mention i am in canada and the price is 7200 for hydropool and 7500 for beachcomber   bobhol

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 01:30:54 pm »
Steve,  is that you? ;D

LMAO! Smart a$$! ;D

I am quite interested in what you will have to say about this Steve, considering your past connections to Beachcomber, and current ones to Hydropool.

Unless Hydropool has changed the height of the 575 in the last 2 years, I would guess that the height difference between the two tubs could make an impact on the decision. (38" vs 29.5")

Have you tried wet testing the two models yet? I promise you they will feel different, and that may be enough to make your decision for you.

Joe

A little insight for ya bobhol...I sold Beachcomber for many years and I've recently taken on a position with Hydropool. I can answer any specific questions you can fire at me.

Both are quality products. Power hasn't been an issue though there's always the odd "junkie" who says different. Mostly Jacuzzi dealers! J/K ;)

I've personally owned the 578 for a couple of years and love it. Obviously, it's on its way out and I'll be replacing it with a #638. The 575 is sold with both 29 & 36" heights. It actually sits a little deeper than the 578 though 2" shorter.

The main difference is alternative insulation differences and the floor filtration standard with all Hydropool spas. Where are you located?

Steve

bobhol

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 01:38:25 pm »
Hi Steve,

I guess specifically, I'm looking for quality, dependability, and cost of ownership.  I live in Peterborough, ON. and winters are cold.  Any other differences you can tell me would be appreciated.  

Thanks

Bobhol

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 01:54:14 pm »
Hi Steve,

I guess specifically, I'm looking for quality, dependability, and cost of ownership.  I live in Peterborough, ON. and winters are cold.  Any other differences you can tell me would be appreciated.  

Thanks

Bobhol

The above mentioned concerns doesn't vary much between these 2 products. I believe visiting your dealers and getting a feel for their approach will help you decide. If you have the opportunity to test them out, do so.

For what it's worth, I do like the insulation method and serviceability of the Hydropool better along with the ability to clean the spa from top to bottom with their Self Clean Plus filtration. No more spa vacs needed! When changing filters or cleaning them, Hydropools design doesn't allow the dirty water to enter back into the spa which I really like. I also like the fact that Hydropool spas have the ability to be purchased in different packages. If you like one model, it can be designed in one of two or three packages (silver, gold, platinum, etc) offering different jet packages. If you like one model in the Beachcomber but want more or less jets, you have to move to a completely different model. Variety is the spice of life don't ya know! ;D

Both are very comfortable and known for high quality.
I didn't leave Beachcomber for any other reason than I just received a better offer with more long-term benefits.

Steve

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 02:14:00 pm »
Steve wrote:

For what it's worth, I do like the insulation method and serviceability of the Hydropool better along with the ability to clean the spa from top to bottom with their Self Clean Plus filtration. No more spa vacs needed! When changing filters or cleaning them, Hydropools design doesn't allow the dirty water to enter back into the spa which I really like.

Now Steve, I understand you have tow the party line. As a Beachcomber dealer, can you please tell us all how many spa vacs you sold anually or on a per tub ratio? BE HONEST NOW!

And how much dirty water flowed back into your Beachcomber? How many of your customers noticed/commented on this issue?

HotTubMan
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 02:16:59 pm by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

bethshar

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 02:14:40 pm »
Steve - You like the insulation method of hydropool better?!?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2004, 02:43:42 pm »
"Now Steve, I understand you have tow the party line. As a Beachcomber dealer, can you please tell us all how many spa vacs you sold anually or on a per tub ratio? BE HONEST NOW!"

Well, I didn't keep a record on my desk if that's what you're asking but in the years I was there (former dealer of Beachcomber), I would say hundreds. I know what you're getting at. I personally never owned one either but we also don't have an application where sand and dirt can be introduced into the spa. If we did, I most likely would have needed to purchase one. Never anything BUT honest BTW.

"And how much dirty water flowed back into your Beachcomber? How many of your customers noticed/commented on this issue?"

In gallons or liters? ;D Does it really matter? The fact is that my comment is true and accurate. Yes, it was mentioned many times and I even approched Beachcomber directly to design a gate of sorts that would close during the removal of the filter to help prevent this.

Steve
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 02:45:26 pm by Steve »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 02:45:11 pm »
Steve - You like the insulation method of hydropool better?!?

He does NOW!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2004, 02:50:15 pm »

He does NOW!

LOL ;D

...Yeah, it's makes great common sense when you take the time to understand it Bethshar. It offers the high R-value of a Beachcomber with other benefits. Take my opinion for just that. I'm not stating superiority or wanting to get into a debate on which is best. I took the time to research it and I really like the concept. Nuff said!

Steve

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2004, 02:51:29 pm »
Steve,  is that you? ;D

I gotta say the thought crossed my mind to! I did however decide that it couldn't be, Steve has his hands full enough being Steve! ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 02:52:34 pm by stuart »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2004, 02:53:18 pm »

LMAO! Smart a$$! ;D

Yea  I seldom miss the chance to be one, thats why I'm nearing 900 posts :)  At least it seems to me that Hydropool updates its dealer list faster than Beachcomber did.  For the fun of it , I looked to see if there was a local dealer here, and oddly enough there is. It is the dealer who sold Masterspas when I was in buying mode, the one who never called me back.  I need some MPS soon, so I'll use that as an excuse to check it out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2004, 02:53:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42