What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Warranty  (Read 4204 times)

TimC

Hot Spring Warranty
« on: September 19, 2004, 09:00:57 pm »
Three Questions on Hot Spring Covers

1) What is the warranty on the Cover?

2) What type of foam is in the cover (open or closed cell)?

3) Has anyone experienced any problems with their covers??  Especially using a Cover Butler as the lifter? or any premature cover failures from water logging or chlorine damage?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Warranty
« on: September 19, 2004, 09:00:57 pm »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Hot Spring Warranty
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 09:06:54 pm »
I believe that the cover has a 1 yr. warranty (probably on the stitching).

I'm not sure about the open or closed cell foam but they do use 2 lb. density (durable and holds alot of weight).

As long as you don't let someone sit or jump on it, should last 5-7 yrs.

Look for U.L. approval and ASTM ratings and you'll be ok.  I think that they have both.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 06:53:55 am »
The warranty is for one year.  It is for manufacturers defects, though, not for usual wear with a cover lifter.

I did have a slight problem with my cover at the beginning of this year.  I noticed that there was a tear in my cover, (this is kind of hard to explain).  It was on the inside of the crease, just above the zipper that you use to open it up.  It was vertical, and there was no obvious signs of abuse.  It was the outer layer only, not the inner layer which keeps the foam from being water logged.  (I'm not sure, but I believe it is closed foam on the inside, but the experts can tell you for sure).

I took pictures and called my dealer.  (This is how I found out they no longer sell hot tubs.)  They came out and took their own pictures.  Hot Spring immediately replaced the skin, and I have had no problems since!!!

May I ask why you are asking?
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

TimC

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 09:02:30 am »
Thanks Lori

I'm just over analysing the entire purchase.  Trying to know every piece of detail.

I am trying to determine if I will have any trouble utilizing the Cover Butler instead of the Cover Cardle and the wear and tear on the Cover, especially the seams and stitching.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 11:28:07 am »
Ok!  

To be honest, I don't remember which cover lifter I got, I believe it is one of the Cover Cradle II (maybe).  I paid extra for it.  I have seen no evidence of wear on the seams or stitching.  My problem was a defect in the vinyl (my opinion, but the tech agreed with me).  

I don't blame you for over analyzing, I did the same thing, but you will be happy with a HotSpring product!  I feel quite confident of that!!!

Happy hunting!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 11:28:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42