What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacement Pumps - Dynasty Renaissance ST5000  (Read 3482 times)

DanielS

Replacement Pumps - Dynasty Renaissance ST5000
« on: August 04, 2019, 12:10:29 pm »
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have finally received our first Spa a Dynasty Renaissance ST5000 from 2006 (serial 24858). Yes it's a second hand unit, but for us it's our first real American Spa.  8) We had a Chineese spa that we got for free, and this sparked the idea of having a real Spa. Now I was able to get my hands on the Dynasty Renaissance for not to much, (around $ 1.200) including delivery and a full 3 month guaranty.  8)

Now getting the spa installed on our electric was a bit of a hassle but once I figured out how the jumpers work it set off pumping and heating. So for the past 3 weeks we have been using the spa and it’s been a delight. I’ve had some serious back issues lately so it’s just been a big joy. Offcourse as newbies we had our first PH and Chlorine issues. But then that was to be expected… but this has all been sorted now.

There are a couple of things that bother me that I know the seller has to sort out under guaranty, he has already committed to getting these issues resolved. (I do have to mention, they sell any kind of spa they can find, so they are not a registered dealer from Dynasty. We don’t have real Dealerships I believe like you have in the US.). Most of the stuff isn’t anything specials small things like replacing some rubber O-Rings and replacing 2 Diverter Valve Caps. The only thing that is a “Big Ticket” for me is the pumps.

When we got the spa up to temperature we discovered that one Waterfall did not work and neither do 2 of the foot massage jets. So the first thoughts were that a slide valve was closed but I can’t find any besides the original 4 that we’re meant to be there as far as I can tell. So the next search was broken diverter valves, also not the issue. Whats next? a bad pump? or maybe a worn out wet end?
Well there I bumped into the big issue, an original pump was replace with a LX LP 300 pump one speed with a 3 HP Wet End and the other pump is a Flo-Master XP2 model 2 speed HP 2.0-.25 pump. After having a through look at the pump I can’t figure out what the wet end is for HP the only number I could find was 912316 (05). So I contacted the seller and he has already agreed with replacing the pumps with the right ones… yeah… did he specify what right ones? No off coarse not…

So this is where I need some help with, I contacted Dynasty via Email about 2 weeks ago but the still have to get back to me. I contacted 2 other companies and they came back with 2 different solutions. Different brand pumps etc.. etc… but not the answer to my original question. So I figured lets ask the community.

The questions are.:

1.   Can anybody tell me what the original pumps where for this model and their specifications? If I check https://dynastypartsxpress.com/shop/spa-by-serial-number.aspx?term=24858#f=&p=1&s= I can't really get any specifications.

2.   What are the original Wet End specifications? (I believe they should be 5 HP, but not sure)

3.   If you would replace the pumps with what brand type / model would you replace them with?

I would really appreciate your support with this.

Thanks and regards out of the Netherlands!

Hot Tub Forum

Replacement Pumps - Dynasty Renaissance ST5000
« on: August 04, 2019, 12:10:29 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Replacement Pumps - Dynasty Renaissance ST5000
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 05:17:23 pm »
Since I am a Dynasty Dealer I can give you some info....The spa shipped from Dynasty on 3/9/2005, the 'In-Service' date is 10/6/2006

Model: RENAISSANCE-50-ST
Color: Midnight Opal Shell w/ a Cedar Skirt

The Pump Dynasty recommends for replacement is: PUMP, EURO, 220V, 50HZ, FRANKLIN MOTOR, EXECUTIVE, 5.0 HP WE - Part #11276

That's all I can dig up at this point, hope it helps

EDIT: didn't notice you already found their parts site, my bad...I can't help with a similar replacement esp. on a Euro tub, no local dealers at all? or someone within shipping distance of you?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 05:21:48 pm by BullFrogSpasMN »

DanielS

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 05:16:56 pm »
Thanks BullFrogSpasMN,

Unfortunatly we don't have real Dynasty Spa dealers around here in Europe. We have some dealerships for some European products, but they can't really help and to be honest the shops I did go to are just sales places with very little to no service at all.

I understand that your can't really give any advice based on the information of the website, the pump has very little to no details. Except that I think it states that the Wet End should be 5 HP or am I reading this incorrectly?

The other thing is, that when you click on the part, it says it's Interchange: 3F21050-1991 well giving this a go with Google does give me some more information. I then find the first post https://ecommerce.coastspas.com/ecommerce/product/3r21050-195x/euro-pump-35hp-black-end well this is a 3,5HP pump.

But would a 3,5 HP pump be able to swing a 5HP wet end around for the desired flow? or is there any other way of finding out what the pump should be?

DanielS

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 06:37:39 am »
So I was doing some more research, and I bumped into the following website.

https://manualzz.com/doc/1251783/dynasty-spas-2006-owner-s-manual and on page 35 it mentions that the Renaissance ST 5000 should have 3 Waterway 5 HP pumps. Well... I know that I don't have 3 pumps, only 2 but this would mean that I need both pumps replace with a 2 Speed Waterway pumps at 5 HP, with a corresponding Wet End.

Any suggestions on what brand pumps that would be suitable replacements for this? I don't know if we can get the Waterway pumps here in the Netherlands, so before the repair dude arrives I can say I will accept Waterway and brand X with these specifications.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 01:27:33 pm »
Need to look at the total amp draw on the pumps versus what they claim the horsepower would be.  Try to match it up with something close as far as what the amp draw is now

DanielS

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 05:50:15 am »
After the tip from Hottubguy I gave Dynasty Spas a call yesterday as I did not receive a reply to my email I got a hold of Joc he was able to look at the build sheet of the Spa. He could not tell me much about the pumps as Dynasty no longer uses these Franklin Motors but he told me that he was expecting the pump to draw between 12 and 14 amps and be 5 HP. He was sorry he could not tell me more, but he did mention that the replacement manufacturer part would be 3F21050-1991 what we already new from the DynastyXpress website.

Having said that I see a lot of pumps that say 5 HP but they are drawing about 15/16 Amps... so this seems rather high compared to the earlier mentioned 12 to 14.

Now running this past a list of manufactures, I saw a website (https://www.hydrospares.co.uk/help-advice-centre/help-articles/pumps/helpful-hints-on-pumps.htm ) mentioning the following list.

230 volts 7 – 8 amps = 1.5 HP (horsepower)
230 volts 9–10 amps = 2.0 HP
230 volts 10–11 amps = 2.5 HP
230 volts 11–12 amps = 3.0 HP
230 volts 14–15 amps = 4.0 HP

I think a 3.5HP / 4.0HP motor might not be such a bad choice if the Amps just arent above the before mentioned 14. On another website I see that the manufacturer rates the pumps at 4 HP but then the Spa Company "labels" them for some reason with a higher HP. http://www.spapumpsandmore.com/PF_40_2N22C_PF402N22C_12_amps_3_threads_p/pf-40-2n22c.htm

Proberbly the safe bet would be to follow the part number 3F21050-1991. That gives me the Coastspa website (https://ecommerce.coastspas.com/ecommerce/product/3r21050-195x/euro-pump-35hp-black-end with the 3.5HP motor, but looking at the picture and running that part number 3R21050-195X I can't really get anywhere except for the CoastSpa website. What I do know is they replaced their pump with a Waterway Exective Euro (based on the picture and  their site.)

Do you guys have any suggestions on where to get more information about partnumber 3R21050-195X? cant really find anything about this number.

Also I am having a bit of difficulty finding a 3.5 HP / 4.0 HP Waterway 2 speed engine, ideas, partnumbers are more than welcome.

castletonia

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 03:18:47 pm »
Amp draw will also be relevant to whether the motor is a 48 frame vs 56 frame.  Assuming 56 frame, a 5 HP will be around 16 amps, at least with WaterWay.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 03:18:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42