What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: end of summer sale questions  (Read 5106 times)

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
end of summer sale questions
« on: September 19, 2004, 01:40:55 pm »
Here is my question/problem.  Dealers, spa owners please chime in with your opinions here.  

I ordered a HS Vista about 5 weeks ago.  Negotiated a price (not as low as others here), and it is due in on Tuesday.  The price did not included the cover lifter and delivery, both were extra.  The price did include, Ozinator, Everwood steps,2 external Blue LED strip lights for the steps and chems.

Yesterday, I receive a flyer in the mail from my dealer about his end of season sale.  $300 of the spas, free Covermate lifter, free delivery, free water care kit $495 value (Ozxinator, and chems) and free $100 step.

Question, should I be entitled to receive some of these discounts, such as free delivery and free cover lifter, since I have not yet recieved the spa yet?

I think I should get it, comments?

Jonathan

Hot Tub Forum

end of summer sale questions
« on: September 19, 2004, 01:40:55 pm »

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
Re: end of summer sale questions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 02:08:23 pm »
A great question to ask your dealer. I would think they would offer it no questions asked.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 02:09:35 pm »
I would bring that ad, along with your sales receipt and see what the dealer will do.  Since it is close to when you bought it, the dealer may adjust your bill.  Remember you were happy before you received that flier! I have been to some dealers who quote a price to include whatever with "of course this is only good for xx days" , you mean to tell me that they won't sell it to me for the same price in xx+8 days - I wonder why?

If the dealer won't budge AND you are that upset about it, I would make it a point to stress how unfair it is and that you'll let everyone you know that NOT to buy from there do to dishonest selling practices. (it will help if there are some potential customers in the store) BUT be forewarned this probably will now set the tone for not too nice experience from then on.

Unfortunately, it seems in my shopping experience more than one dealer has said ' tent sale, holiday sale or something sale' to get the absolute best prices. Of course some of these dealers are always having a sale.

A question to dealers - Do the companies give special incentives (lower wholesale prices) to have "a certain sale" and this is why prices are lower. (Please - don't look at this as a bashing question or a pricing question - Here in NJ, a lot of dealers have a "tent sale" -  just curious).

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 02:41:17 pm »
Vinny;

It depends on the manufacturer. Coleman gives me a X% discount twice a year for 10 days. I pass that discount on. I may offer that discount after the sale, IF I PURCHASED STOCK THAT DID NOT MOVE. Dimension 1 on the other hand has no such program.

There are many other reasons why a sale/diuscount may time sensitive. Some dealer may beleive there is more integrity offering the sale price only during the sale, otherwise what is the point of having a sale.

Most hot tub dealer I know don't own the tubs on their floor. They are usually there using the $ of a "flooring company" and at some point the dealer begins to pay more interest to floor or may need to buy the tubs outright. These situations create a sense of urgency for the dealer to sell the tub. He/She wants you to buy it instead of buyting it themselves and they may be willing to take less profit to do so.

I hope this info helps.

HTMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 03:12:14 pm »

If the dealer won't budge AND you are that upset about it, I would make it a point to stress how unfair it is and that you'll let everyone you know that NOT to buy from there do to dishonest selling practices. (it will help if there are some potential customers in the store)

Be careful.  Legally this is Blackmail, and slandor.  I would suggest that you remain calm when talking to the dealer.  Tell him you expectations and he should work with you.  Keep in mind, however, if you signed to the prior agreement, you are not legally entitled to the coupon offerings.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 03:13:46 pm by huh »
¿

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 03:23:59 pm »
I would simply go and ask about the flyer....Give the dealer a chance to respond...I am sure they will be fair with you...

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 03:35:01 pm »
I wanted some input here before I called them.  I also want to add that the sale did not mention that it was a HS factory sponsered sale at all, from the looks of the flyer it is the dealers sale.

I am going to call and ask for the delivery and coverlifter to be included in the deal.

Any other opinions?

Jonathan

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2004, 05:18:16 pm »
HotTubMan - Thanks for the info!

huh? - Now that I reread at my response - your right. I didn't look at it as being blackmail and slandor just being an angry customer.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2004, 06:23:33 pm »
Vinny,

I would be angry too!  But, being calm and collective always gets the best results. 8)
¿

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2004, 07:07:45 pm »
You catch more flies with honey that with vinegar!!!

Be rational and calm and i am sure the dealer will work with you!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 12:49:30 am »
Jonathan,
              The flyer that you mention was that from Prisco spas as i got the same offer from them and saw an advertisement in the newspaper of the same.
Sonny.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 09:45:30 am »
I didn't want to name names yet, but............

I am waiting for Dino to call me back.  

Which paper was it in, The Record?

Jonathan

« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 09:46:11 am by newtotubbing »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 09:45:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42