What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: after the wet test, big decisions  (Read 2004 times)

Kelley

after the wet test, big decisions
« on: September 19, 2004, 11:59:13 am »
We tested Marquis, Caldera, Artesian, and Master spas yesterday. WOW what an interesting experience! We even went into spas WAY out of our price range and found that we did not like them much. This is a good feeling when you are on a budget. It is so amazing how something looks great until you get into it!! This was a real eye opener. We are considering the Caldera Martinique and would like to consider the Artesian Ruby. One big problem is we could not actually get into the Ruby and had to wet test a similar spa they had. Also Artesian had another spa full but we could not test it because they *had a power surge* and blew something out so it was not operational. I know stuff happens but that certainly was not a plus in my book. Just not sure I can buy without the wet test. My husband thought the Caldera looked to be better made when peeking inside. Certainly they offer what looks to be a great service department. They are one of the only dealers I have talked to that actually deliver, and wire up the spa..I think they call that installation where as everyone else here calls it installation but it is basically just a delivery.
ANY FEED BACK??? We want to try to decide today. Have been looking for several months and have had one very bad experience with one dealer, still trying to recoup my $$ so I am very gun shy. This forum has been a real life saver for us!

Hot Tub Forum

after the wet test, big decisions
« on: September 19, 2004, 11:59:13 am »

autoplay

Re: after the wet test, big decisions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 12:59:09 pm »
My wife and I purchased a 2003 Caldera Geneva Utopia in march of 2003. It has been a wonderful spa,and have had very few issues with it.

You're on the right track as far as wet-testing. Take your time in deciding,and let the comfort of the spa be 75% of your buying decision,and let the dealer satisfaction be 25% of your buying/purchasing decision.

Caldera I believe still does(they did with ours),throws in the spa sub-panel with breakers,as far as the package when purchasing a spa. That alone is worth around 200 bucks. With Caldera and any other spa you consider purchasing....ask them what's included with the purchase of a spa(I.E. cover,cover lifter,chemicals,steps,extra filter,etc etc).

As far as wiring the spa,you should get a qualified LICENSED electrician.  We ran about 50 ft of #6 wire,with conduit....and the electrician also added a sub-panel in our garage next to the main panel. We paid 500 dollars for parts and labor,which I considered cheap(helped havin a friend as an electrician ;) ).

Anyways, as I said prior,take your time, and make a "comfortable" and confident buying decision.

GL :)

Hot Tub Forum

Re: after the wet test, big decisions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 12:59:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42