What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting close, looking for some owner advice and guidance  (Read 2449 times)

billymac

Getting close, looking for some owner advice and guidance
« on: May 03, 2019, 01:24:01 pm »
We are getting close to making a decision, but have some questions.

We're currently leaning towards Hot Springs and during a recent visit to the dealer was told that their new Freshwater salt system was standard on all of the high life line. Now this seemed odd to me, because I know prior to Freshwater's release, the ACE system was an option and you could go either way. The salesperson told me they order all of their High Life models with the new salt system. I asked if I could order without and go chem and they said no. I then asked if you could switch to traditional chemicals if the salt system failed or if you were unhappy with it for any reason later on and was told that an ozinator could be installed for approximately $300.

I guess first off, can anybody out there confirm this is standard practice now with Hot Springs? Is this information accurate (can I install an ozinator later in the field?) And more importantly, can anybody with the new freshwater system provide details on their experience thus far? I've searched online for reviews, but found very little information, likely because it is so new. I'm a little hesitant making this kind of investment given the systems relative recent introduction and would like to know that I could switch to traditional chemicals with a field upgrade if necessary. I should be clear, that we would prefer to go with salt, but not at the sake of our sanity and pocketbook. ACE seemed to be hit or miss from what I've read.

We are fairly close and starting to look at other brands to compare, but we really have our sites set on a 2019 Grandee. Other than the strange dialogue above regarding the salt system, the salesperson has been very good. Site prep, which includes stamped concrete should hopefully start in the next month or two if we can lock down our contractor and we just had electrical ran to the outside corner of the house near the install site (dual 60A).

Lastly, can anybody comment on the quality, fit and finish of the A&B accessories and surrounds? We're looking at picking up a couple pieces to finish out the tub area, but finding samples local has proven challenging.

Thank you in advance for any help or guidance here.

Hot Tub Forum

Getting close, looking for some owner advice and guidance
« on: May 03, 2019, 01:24:01 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Getting close, looking for some owner advice and guidance
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 03:13:15 pm »
It's a option and yes you can use traditional chamicals and ozone instead.  I have had my Caldera Geneva with the freshwater salt system for about 6-7 months now.  It's the same system on the Hot Springs.  I have found it super easy to keep my tub clear and sanitized.  Only thing I noticed at the beginning was my Ph was skyrocketing up very quickly.  I lowered my total alkalinity and it has been more stable since.  My first Cartridge lasted a bit over three months and I'm still on my second one.  Overall I am pleased with the system.  I also have about 10 or so out in the field.   Everybody has seemed real happy with them so far

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 04:10:29 pm »
It's an option 100%, so either A. He misspoke B. you mis-heard him or C. His employer is offering a 'spiff' on all salt systems sold this month lol

BTW am I the only one who sees the term 'Freshwater Saltwater System' as and odd name and a complete oxymoron? what the hell was the marketing department thinking?

Edit: A&B is top notch, I've sold that product for almost 10 years now, good stuff
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 04:29:55 pm by BullFrogSpasMN »

billymac

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 06:29:42 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

Few more questions. We are planning on doing stamped concrete (replacing existing exposed aggregate patio) and will be following the guidelines in the manual for the actual hot tub "pad" surface. That said, anything to watch out for, or plan ahead for with our contractor? Any feedback or ideas from those who have gone down this path and wish they would have done something in advance of the pour or done differently?

Our plan is to have roughly 16' x 16' of finished surface for the tub that extends in an L-shape, which is approximately 30' across at the widest point. Our thinking is that if we ever decide to get rid of the tub, or sell the house to new owners who don't want it, there will be a nice finished surface underneath.

Still doing our research on tubs, but should have a 2nd pass quote back from the HS dealer next week. Plan is to go look at other tubs next week and schedule a wet test on the HS. We're also going to have the HS dealer out to take a look at our site, our plans and delivery possibilities. Then we just need to get our contractor scheduled so we can make a decision and order.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 06:39:51 pm »
Make sure you know where your conduit is going to run with respect to the pad and at what point it enters the spa (which way your spa will be oriented). Might be ideal to know which spa you prefer before that site audit with the dealer, they should understand it all when they get out there but they may turn to you and say some things depend on what model you plan to get.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 04:46:03 pm »
A&B Accessories is high-quality product.  They use 100% recycled materials, and their craftsmanship is amazing.  Family-owned business out of Northern Arkansas.  When I call, sometimes the owner (John Olsen - Great guy) picks up.  Sold his products for many years, and always have had great results!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 04:46:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42