What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Northline Express replacement covers  (Read 3860 times)

holleigh

Northline Express replacement covers
« on: September 17, 2004, 04:37:11 pm »
Hi All,  I have asked this question before but did not get a lot of response.  PLEASE share your feedback if you have ordered a replacement cover.  We have a Sundance Optima and live in New England.  We need to replace the original cover after 4 years b/c we nicked it last winter shoveling and now it is wter logged.  I want the best value and the best insulating quality.  This brand looks good, but have any of you ordered from them or from any other company you could reccomend??

http://www.northlineexpress.com/spa_covers.asp

Thank you, thank you, thank you...
~Holleigh

Hot Tub Forum

Northline Express replacement covers
« on: September 17, 2004, 04:37:11 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Northline Express replacement covers
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 04:41:11 pm »
Why don’t you buy a new cover from your local Sundance dealer?  It would be a factory replacement, and all you would need to give them is your serial number.  Rhtubs.com makes a kicka** cover, as well.  I just recommend factory replacement covers over a custom made cover when it is readily available.

holleigh

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 04:45:22 pm »
Thanks Chris.  We can get a replacment cover from the dealer- but it is not even manufactured by Sundance and they could not give me many details on r-value and all that.  I just thought maybe we could get a 'better' cover if we went custom.  They are about the same price.  But you really recommend going back to the dealer?  

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 05:05:53 pm »
Sundance (and most manufacturers) do not manufacture their covers.  They buy them from a spa cover manufacturer.  Your Sundance dealer can purchase the Sundance cover directly from Sundance’s cover manufacturer.  

I know what is important in a spa cover:  the thickness of the cover and the density of the foam inside the vinyl (Doc, please reprimand me if I am wrong).

The factory Sundance cover I believe is a 4-inch to 2-inch taper using 2-pound density foam.  It is a good cover, and I would recommend going to your local dealer to get a factory replacement.  You are then guaranteed a good fit and correct skirt length, which is also important.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 05:42:41 pm »
The one other important thing is the thickness of the poly wrap covering and protection the foam.

Now as far as the company mentioned in the original post? I can tell you from personal experience and "inside" information, that the company mentioned sells the FINEST cover that can possibly be made

;) hint  ;) hint  ;) hint

For some interesting facts regarding the qualities of different foam thicknesses and densities you might want to see the 2nd link on this page;
http://www.hot-tub-spa-covers.com/spa-cover-faq.htm

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

poolboy34

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 05:47:03 pm »
Ideal  makes spa covers for many of the big spa manufacturers like D-1 and Sundance.  They make an excelent cover.  But be aware that they are located in california and it could take as long as 6-8 weeks to get a cover.  Commercial Fabrics in Buffalo, NY make very good covers as well.

Tubber

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2004, 08:37:27 am »
Hi All,  I have asked this question before but did not get a lot of response.  PLEASE share your feedback if you have ordered a replacement cover.  We have a Sundance Optima and live in New England.  We need to replace the original cover after 4 years b/c we nicked it last winter shoveling and now it is wter logged.  I want the best value and the best insulating quality.  This brand looks good, but have any of you ordered from them or from any other company you could reccomend??

http://www.northlineexpress.com/spa_covers.asp

Thank you, thank you, thank you...
~Holleigh

Where in New England are you located we sell Sundance and have 4 showrooms in CT and 1 in western MA.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2004, 08:37:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42