What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi 575 or Beachcomber 740 ?  (Read 2757 times)

Alexg

Jacuzzi 575 or Beachcomber 740 ?
« on: April 06, 2019, 08:58:51 pm »
Hi all,

We are looking to buy our first hot tub, and narrowed down to Beachcomber 740 and Jacuzzi 575.

Both have lounger , a must for us,  but here is where the similarities stop...
Beachcomber
Pros:
- looks to be more solid built and is made in Canada
- leg jets are powerful and makes a clear difference
- comes with the stair since the pumps are under the stairs
- insulation looks better, not sure if actually is as claimed

Cons:
- not the nicest looking one
- only one diverter that transfers power from one side to other
- no wifi or smartphone app

Jacuzzi:
Pros:
- very nice looking, in fact one of the nicest I've seen
- I noticed 2 diverters - one for 2 opposite sides
- lighting is stunning
- mobile app included
Cons:
- insulation doesn't seem to be very effective, or maybe I'm wrong but I'm only seeing some sprayed foam on the tube.
- doesn't come with stairs, and cover is thin
- doesn't look too sturdy when you open the panel.

Where I don't know the difference is the jets at the legs: I know the Beachomber is powerful and relaxing (Beachcomber has 2 x 4.5hp pumps), but don't know about the MX2  jets in Jacuzzi, if they deliver same power. For me legs massage is very important.

Also might be worth to mention that I live in Canada, and Beachcomber is a Canadian brand and I'm guessing parts and service might be better.. although Jacuzzi could be as good.

What do you think we should go with?

I'm really confused...

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi 575 or Beachcomber 740 ?
« on: April 06, 2019, 08:58:51 pm »

castletonia

Re: Jacuzzi 575 or Beachcomber 740 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 08:23:10 am »
I have never seen a Beachcomber in person and its been a few years since I have seen a Jacuzzi. 

Insulation should be full foam on both.  I personally don't buy the sales pitch of Beachcomber with the pumps under the steps making it any more efficient.  If the Beachcomber does not have a 24 hour circulation pump, my bet is the Jacuzzi will be more energy efficient. 

Ignore the pump size on Beachcomber.  I highly doubt they use 4.5HP continuous pumps.  Regardless, you either need to wet test or at least see each running to determine jet pressure. 

I might also suggest looking into something from Jacuzzi's J400 series, the J475, or J400 series, the J375 too.  Not as pretty, but probably a better value than the J500 series.

Parts availability will be based on your local dealer/representation, not the country the brand is made in.  If these are different dealers, research each dealer because the dealer is the one that supports you before, during, and after the sale. 

Alexg

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 12:07:34 pm »
Thank you for your feedback.

Beachcomber has a separate 24h circulation pump as well. Not sure about filtration efficiency though. Looks like the jacuzzi has bigger filter.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 12:07:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42