What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis vs. Sundance Help!  (Read 12565 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Re: Marquis vs. Sundance Help!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 03:41:20 pm »
I just wanted to comment on the shoulders being above or below water.  It is true that I enjoy the seat that allows me to be submersed right up to my neck - but not all the time I am in the tub.  I personally find that sitting with almost all of me under water ends up with me feeling too hot, too quickly... I need to move around a bit in the seats so that I am always comfortable.  We don't run over 100 degree.  

Both tub brands you are looking at are great - we wet tested the ones that you have too - they were all awesome.  Good Luck!

Jodi
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 03:41:20 pm »

clevelandguy

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2004, 09:34:58 pm »
What are you referring to when you say the "post HK40 seat".  Not sure I understand what that means.  

I am leaning heavily toward the Euphoria but now the wife tells me she felt like she didnt have elbow room with the contoured shape of the seats.  Jeez!!  

My next wet test may just be a blow up pool and a big can of baked beans  ;) ;)

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2004, 10:08:44 pm »
These jets are in the standard Euph. just below the
filters.  Your wife should sit in one of the two deeper seats.  I think that she will find it very roomy.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2004, 10:13:27 pm »

I am leaning heavily toward the Euphoria but now the wife tells me she felt like she didnt have elbow room with the contoured shape of the seats.  Jeez!!  
;) ;)

I not mean this in any way to be disrepectful.....but how big is your wife....I own the Euphoria...and I am 6/2 270....and find each seat to be roomy though I do not spend much time in the cool down seats.....

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2004, 10:39:02 pm »
What are you referring to when you say the "post HK40 seat".  Not sure I understand what that means.  
The "post seat" is the seat below the filters. It consists of 8 HK40 jets 4 near the bottom and 4 in a line like a post:

O
      O
      O
      O
O  O
O  O

What's so special about this seat?
- you can divert 100% of both pumps to the seat, thats 290 gpm.
- sitting with you back to the seat and resting your head between the filters you get amazing therapy from your sacrum to the middle of your neck
- turn around and you get amazing chest and abdomen therapy
- turn to either side and you get therapy from your hip to your shoulder
- sit in the seat opposting facing the post seat and get a wonderful full frontal wall of water or a great foot and leg massage.

This along with the placement of the whirlpool jets, in all my hot tubbing and wet-testing, made the Euphoria the most versital tub for therapy that I have experienced. With a little thinking therapy is complete for the entire body.

You gotta try it to see if it's for you.
e

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2004, 08:55:39 am »
- you can divert 100% of both pumps to the seat, thats 290 gpm.

You can do this?  Both pumps to 1 seat?  Cool!

All I know is that if I put the one similar seat in our Optima on full blast with 1 pump you can barely sit in it.  You have to brace yourself.  Most people get pushed out of the seat it's so strong.  I can't imagine 2 pumps.

cparlf

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2004, 10:35:16 am »
We did not look at or test the Euphoria, as we wanted a foot dome.  I am a Hodgkin's Disease survivor, at least so far, 6 years out, and suffer what I am coming to believe is permanent neuropathy (i.e. nerve damage) in my hands and feet from five months of chemo I-V cocktails.  The Euphoria sounds like a nice piece of equipment from what I read on the board.  Regards the height, I agree about the shoulder issue.  But...I am 6'4" and my wife is 5'4", so a tub for my shoulders to be always under water in more than one seat would have required scuba gear for her.  The Optima is a nice blend for us, it has the leg room, the whirlpool that we are crazy about, and the foot dome is in our joint opinion, amazing.  Plus, there are two seats that I am comfy underwater, and two for the spousal unit as well.  The other two seats are admittedly most likely fair weather seats, in other words only good for 9 out of 12 months at the Jersey shore.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2004, 10:42:51 am »
The Optima is a nice blend for us, it has the leg room, the whirlpool that we are crazy about
I was personally a bit disappointed with the whirlpool jets on the optima.  It's like they are not quite positioned right as you don't seem to get the same whirlpool action as we saw when testing the Euphoria.  The one jet under the filters needs to be pointed at more of an angle I think in order to create that circular flow in the tub.  I still love our Optima but was expecting a little more circular movement with the whirlpool jets on.  Any other Optima owners out there feel the same way?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2004, 10:58:08 am »
We did not look at or test the Euphoria, as we wanted a foot dome.  I am a Hodgkin's Disease survivor, at least so far, 6 years out, and suffer what I am coming to believe is permanent neuropathy (i.e. nerve damage) in my hands and feet from five months of chemo I-V cocktails.  The Euphoria sounds like a nice piece of equipment from what I read on the board.  Regards the height, I agree about the shoulder issue.  But...I am 6'4" and my wife is 5'4", so a tub for my shoulders to be always under water in more than one seat would have required scuba gear for her.  The Optima is a nice blend for us, it has the leg room, the whirlpool that we are crazy about, and the foot dome is in our joint opinion, amazing.  Plus, there are two seats that I am comfy underwater, and two for the spousal unit as well.  The other two seats are admittedly most likely fair weather seats, in other words only good for 9 out of 12 months at the Jersey shore.

I don't think you can find a better foot massage than the HK40's in the Euphoria.

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2004, 11:00:03 am »

I don't think you can find a better foot massage than the HK40's in the Euphoria.

I agree! I like the whirlpool on my hands and arms also!

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2004, 11:41:57 am »
You can do this?  Both pumps to 1 seat?  Cool!

All I know is that if I put the one similar seat in our Optima on full blast with 1 pump you can barely sit in it.  You have to brace yourself.  Most people get pushed out of the seat it's so strong.  I can't imagine 2 pumps.
Yep - very cool.
You're not really sitting in a seat to get pushed out of, the water "becomes your seat". It is hard to imagine (or explain) you have to experience it to understand.
e

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2004, 06:09:27 pm »
I am looking at both of these manufacturers.  As in my previous posts, I felt more comfortable in the Cameo seats and jets in the Cameo.  What I REALLY liked about the standard Euphoria were the staggered seat heights.  

Also the neck rests on the Cameo were more comfortable for me.

NOW I must wettest the Optima to compare.  It seems that the Cameo and the Optima give a different "feel" according to the posts here!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2004, 06:09:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42