What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis vs. Sundance Help!  (Read 12560 times)

clevelandguy

Marquis vs. Sundance Help!
« on: September 14, 2004, 06:42:40 pm »
WE have wet tested the Optima and SA Euphoria and aren't sure which direction to go.  

I felt like I had more room in the Euphoria and it seemed deeper ( I am 6'4 and wife is 5'8) than the Sundance but the jets seemed so much better on the Optima.  I was suprised that my shoulders were only submerged in one seat in the Optima vs 2 or 3 in the Euphoria.  

Euphoria (we tested the SA but want the regular one w/whirlpool) is a little cheaper but the dealer is a little over an hour away while the Sundance dealer is 15-20 mins.  It is a small shop with one tech so I probably wouldn't be first on their list to service.  

Help!  Advice!  Alternatives!  I want to be done with the selection process!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis vs. Sundance Help!
« on: September 14, 2004, 06:42:40 pm »

bethshar

Re: Marquis vs. Sundance Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 06:56:40 pm »
I heard the Cameo feels deeper than the Optima, so it may be worth checking out given your height.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 07:11:58 pm »
I can agree with you on all points! The Sundance jets are great and the SA Euphoria has a bit more versatility in the seating for varied height people.

I Think you will find the jets in the standard Euphoria a bit more powerful. In reality you have bigger pumps in the SA but you also have more high flow jets, the power difference is a bit of an illusion only because you have the HK40 whirlpool jets up higher in the non SA  and get a good “dig in” massage on your shoulders and neck. When people compare to the Optima I wet test them in a standard Euphoria because of this however, the whirlpools are a bit overwhelming for some. It just a matter of personal preference.

I think the Standard Euphoria would be a great compromise between the two models you’ve tested. Besides the Euphoria has slice valves (sorry Chris, I couldn’t resist)!
;) ;D

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 07:12:23 pm »
My husband is 6' and I'm 5'10"  and we did seem to think that the Optima was not as deep as the Cameo.  But of course it has the lounger and if you don't want one of those there is really no reason to wet test it....  ;)

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 08:43:03 pm »
I am in agreement here as well.  The Optima was a great tub with good jetting.

I found the "standard" Euphoria a different ride than the SA and preferred it greatly. The variety of seat depth is great and the versatility of the HK40 whirlpool and post seat jets is endless. I was at first concerned about not having enough shoulder, leg and feet therapy - but there is no problem there.

Love those slice valves.
e

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 08:54:48 pm »
That post of HK40's is pretty cool isn't it?!

empolgation

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 09:08:04 pm »
That post of HK40's is pretty cool isn't it?!
Oh yes indeed! That set up alone is enough reason to be sad about the fate of the standard Euphoria.
e

clevelandguy

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 09:37:39 pm »
Sorrry, should have worded my post more clearly.  Wife is 5'8.  

The Marquis dealer only has one tech and is an hour plus away.  That worries me, of course they say they are rarley out on calls and that it would be no problem.

We kicked around the trying the Cameo but he didn't have one wet in the store and we just werent sure  we wantd the lounger
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 09:41:14 pm by clevelandguy »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 09:56:48 pm »
Both are very good spas...both well supported by the manufacture...I think one thing that is nice about the Marquis is that its warranty is transferable....some have said this is a marketing gimmick...but I think it really speaks to Marquis commitment to honor their warranty to its full term without regard to spa ownership...

empolgation

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 10:07:35 pm »
[Marquis] warranty is transferable....some have said this is a marketing gimmick...but I think it really speaks to Marquis commitment to honor their warranty to its full term without regard to spa ownership...
To me, a non-transferable warranty is the gimmick or as I say hedging the bet. A product warranted, gauranteed if you will, for a specific amount of time should be just that - no matter the "owner".
e

Pooldevil

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2004, 06:50:21 am »
Hi
I don't think you should worry about your local Marquis dealer only having one tec man as in 18 months as a dealer in the UK we have
only had one call back and that was through a cracked pipe connection to the pump caused during transit.... ;)
Hope you enjoy your new tub  :)

clevelandguy

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 09:00:15 pm »
MAybe my "depth expectations" are off.  Do you normally sit with your shoulders above or below the water?  My thought (not owning a tub) would be that you would want them under, especially in the cold months, that is why the Optima concerned me as my shoulders were only submerged in one seat.  By slouching I could get them sumberged in a couple other seats but not sure that is good either as the jet and head ret placement would be messed up

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2004, 10:39:14 pm »
Cleve,
You're exactly right, you do want your shoulders below the water.  While either spa would be a good choice, I lean towards the Marquis.  I enjoy the post of jets-HK40's.  It is true that there are very few service calls on the Marquis.  An hour away isn't impossible to care for you but I do think that you're right, it would be unusual to get to your service needs the same day but I would think that the next day would be reasonble.  Get the dealer to be a little more specific here.  Also, see if he can produce any customers in your area that you might be able to speak with.

clevelandguy

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 06:59:17 am »
That is what I figured.  I was really hoping the Optima would work for us as I reallly liked the jets better than the Euphoria SA.  Oh well, back to the drawing board, the search process is really starting to not be fun! >:( >:(

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2004, 03:04:24 pm »
Cleve,
Stuart mentioned that the standrad Euphoria had better jet action that the Sa. and less costly.  He's right.  Don't get discouraged, hang in there.  Just ask the Marquis dealer service related questions to reassure you that he can care for your needs timely. ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2004, 03:04:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42