What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Euphoria Wooded Frame  (Read 2903 times)

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
Euphoria Wooded Frame
« on: September 16, 2004, 12:41:39 pm »
I've seen many post saying that the better hot tub frames that are made of wood are made from pressure treated lumber. I have a Marquis Euphoria and recently did the first water change. I noticed that the wood in the motor cabinet just looked like regular soft pine to me. It did not have the appearance of the pressure treated lumber you would find at Home Depot or Lowes. I called the dealer and he told me that it should be pressure treated and that Marquis grows their own lumber in Canada. But he couldn't say for sure, but would find out for me. I also looked on Marquis's website to no avail. I sent them an email asking the same question, but thought someone in the forum might know. Just curious. ???

Hot Tub Forum

Euphoria Wooded Frame
« on: September 16, 2004, 12:41:39 pm »

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Euphoria Wooded Frame
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 12:59:15 pm »
I don't know, the best thing to do is to use the tub and relaaaaaax so much that it doesn't even bother you. ;D

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 02:51:30 pm »
The wood you see in the equipment area is white pine.
It has one purpose only, holds the equipment door in place.   There is no contact with water and has nothing to do with the sructure of the spa.   The rest of the wood is Western Red Cedar.  Marquis uses what they call a Marquis premium cedar which is better than "A" grade cedar (this is what the dealer should have said).  As the tree grows, it produces a natural moisture barrier and insect repellant.  Don't be concerned I just took a 24 yr. old Marquis in trade and there was absolutely no wood rot anywhere.

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 03:26:25 pm »
Thanks Rocket. I wasn't too concerned, but I do very much appreciate knowing that. Cedar makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 09:45:55 am »
If you are concerned about the white pine just buy a small can of sealer and seal it.  Make sure this won't void your warranty (not sure how it could, though).  THe only danger would be if lots of water got in your shell either from a tub leak or a skirt leak.  Or if you live in an overly humid area.

-Ed

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 09:45:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42