What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Frog and Nature2  (Read 3679 times)

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
Spa Frog and Nature2
« on: September 16, 2004, 07:53:58 pm »
Comments - comparisions - pros and cons?

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Frog and Nature2
« on: September 16, 2004, 07:53:58 pm »

Jason_r

Re: Spa Frog and Nature2
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 08:11:52 pm »
If you are talking just the silver cartridge of the frog system then they are very similer in design other then the frog system can be used with bromine due to particle size. The additional part of the frog is the automatic bromine dispensing system. This is what I understand to be the difference.

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 08:34:02 pm »
Spa Frog is manufactured by King Technology and as chaser already indicated can be used in combination with Bromine. The floating bromine system is an option part of the Spa Frog system-but isnt required. In fact Id recommend not using a floating dispenser of chemicals like Bromine or Chlorine since it removes the consumer from the responsibilities of maintaining proper sanitation levels and other water care.

Nature 2 is manufactured by Zodiac which also makes the Vision cartridge which Dimension One distributes as a part of their water care system. As chaser has said, Nature 2 cannot be used with Bromine...

Both products do basically the same thing- In my opinion, this is a Pepsi vs Coke debate.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 08:35:08 pm »
It is also my understanding that in the frog the silver is ground finer....

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 10:06:12 am »
I have used both with dichlor.  Exact same results.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 12:55:57 pm »
I thought the HS Everfresh Silver thingy was made by Nature2 as well.  I remeber seeing Nature2 on the outside of the big HS Everfresh carton holding all of the indivdual silver do-dad thingys.

True or not?

Jonathan

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 01:19:39 pm »
I have used both with dichlor.  Exact same results.
"both"?
tony are you saying that you use the Bromine Frog and add dichlor on a daily basis? If you have a constant bromine introduction why would you use dichlor? (not questioning the use of it as an occational chlorine shock)
e

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 01:50:14 pm »
No.
I am saying I used the frog with a little dichlor after tub use and a weekly shock for about a year and a half.  I now use the SunPurity cartridge which is Nature2 with the same routine and have done so for about eight months.

I know people who use the frog with bromine and love it because they can maintain a lower bromine level.

I have experienced no difference in water quality between the use of the frog with dichlor and nature2 with dichlor.  Even though the makeup is slightly different, the results with dichlor seem identical.

Sorry for the confusion.  While Nature2 has promoted the use of their product with MPS with dichlor as an alternative, the frog has always been a low level chlorine or bromine companion.  It is only lately that they seem to be leaning heavily towards bromine.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 01:55:11 pm by tony »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 01:50:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42