What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Timer override?????  (Read 10504 times)

kztahoe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Timer override?????
« on: September 02, 2004, 11:14:59 am »
Does anyone know if on  Marquis that has the fifteen minute of use timer, if you can override that in case you need to run the jets longer say for a cleaning issue or something. I don't own one yet, but it is just one more thing I have thought of. Once you get in the tub the timer starts and goes off after 15 min. You have to then turn it on again and so on. If there ever was a need to run it longer without being in it this would be a pain in the *** Please help ANYONE.

thanks Kay

Hot Tub Forum

Timer override?????
« on: September 02, 2004, 11:14:59 am »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Timer override?????
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 12:56:48 pm »
Rarely do you use the jets on high longer than 10 minuets at a time however, if it does time its self out just push the button and keep relaxing! That is why they have the auxiliary control so that you don't have to get out of the massage seat on one side of the spa and move to the other to turn the jets on.

As far as leaving the jets on for cleaning, Marquis has a "Smart Clean" system. After you have touched a jet button or light button the system assumes that you where using the spa and will come on for a set #of hours to do a purge cycle so you don't have to worry about it. You can change this cycle to anything you would like it to be.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 02:07:27 pm »
I know its not difficult to turn the pumps back on but 10-15 minutes is an awefully short time for the pumps to kick off. Its hard to believe someone programmed that in thinking that was an appropriate amount of time. Are you sure there isn't a way to extend that?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

zeuspaul

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 04:49:38 pm »
I have a Marquis Wish and I ALWAYS use the jets on high longer than ten minutes.

I like the spa.  However I agree with kztahoe that it would be nice to have more control over the spa.  I don't have a problem hitting the high jet button when I am in the spa.  However I would like control over this too.  Why not an option for twenty or thirty minutes in addition to the 15 minute option?

It is not true that we have complete control over the *smart clean* option.  The best I can do is two 6 hour cycles per day for a total of 12 hours filtration.

This might be fine if you opt for Marquis' Spa Frog (bromine) filtration system.  However for those of us that want to experiment with alternate filtration options we are somewhat limited.

For example I prefer using ozone.  Marquis has a good ozonator...however I believe ozone is at it's best if it runs continuously.  Continuous filtration is simply not an option with the Marquis Wish controller...12 hrs is the most you can select.

Also what if I want to start the filtration cycle after I get out of the spa?  Well Marquis knows better and they start it 30 minutes after the light or pumps shut off.  Why not give me an option to hit *start filter cycle* when I get out of the spa?  Why wait 30 minutes before the filtration cycle starts?

I don't have a problem with dumbed down systems...give us an auto mode for dumbies.  However some of us prefer more control over our spas so give us more control.

I don't think Marquis is unique wrt dumbed down controls.  More user options and control will certainly be a consideration when I upgrade...I am already looking at upgrades and one thing I want is more control than I have in the Marquis Wish.

Zeuspaul

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 11:11:19 pm »
Interesting... my timer reads 18 minutes when the jets shut off - every time... and that is still not enough! Should I check my tub timer? or be happy for the extra 3 minutes? :)

It's not that difficult to hit the button again but sheesh there aught to be a setting for that as well - I want control!
e

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 03:20:17 pm »
I have had a Marquis now for 7 yrs.  Pushing a jet button if I want more therapy is toooooo easy.  I don't get this concern.  

Seuspaul's comment about filtration is wrong (said in a niceway)!  You can get up to 16 hours of filtraiton with daily use which equals approx. 25,000 gal. of water  filtering daily which is more than continuous filtering systms.  You can also filter at night only, day only 1 hr. only upto 16 hr.  This is an enormous amout of experimentation on filtering if that's what you really want to do?

The reaoson for waiting for 30 min. before the smart clean system kicks on is to allow the stuff users take into the tub to surface so as to skim it out.

This is a very well designed system.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 04:41:46 pm »
I have had a Marquis now for 7 yrs.  Pushing a jet button if I want more therapy is toooooo easy.  I don't get this concern.  

Rocket,
Don't take it personally if someone has issue with a minor function on a Marquis. It is NOT unreasonable to wish you could extend pump time past 15 minutes as that is a very short time for it to cut off. They're not condeming Marquis on this. It may not be a major point but it is valid. Relax, Marquis is still a good spa.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 05:21:09 pm »
Spatech,
I appreciate you comments.  Didn't mean for it to sound personal.  My goal was correct information that was definitely inaccurate.  I did say in parenthesis, Said in a nice way.

zeuspaul

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 11:53:44 pm »
Ok rocket...how do I get 16 hours of filtration?  I have a Marquis Wish.  The maximum number of filter cycles is two and the maximum filtration time is 6 hours.  Two times six is twelve...so what am I missing??

I also have no control over the ozone that I can find.  What if I want to turn it off?

The issue was control when we are not in the spa...hitting the button when in the spa is no big deal...it is a little deal so why not fix it?

empolgation

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 12:08:10 am »
Ok rocket...how do I get 16 hours of filtration?  I have a Marquis Wish.  The maximum number of filter cycles is two and the maximum filtration time is 6 hours.  Two times six is twelve...so what am I missing??
I think the key to rocket's post is "with daily use". You can set Smart Logic to 4 hours. So if you add it up you have the 2 cycles at 6 hours and the smart logic filter of 4 hours after your daily use for a total of 16.
e

zeuspaul

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 01:48:31 am »
I didn't say anything about daily use and he is accusing me of being wrong (in a nice way) and posting inaccurate information.

Rocket may be able to get UP TO 16 hours of filtration if he uses it...well I  can get 24 hours of filtration if I use the spa.  I can get 12 hours of filtration...NOT 16 hours of filtration if I am not there to push buttons....and that IS the case as I cannot babysit the spa.

So the best you can do without going into the same room as the spa is 12 hours of filtration.

Are we playing with words??

empolgation

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 01:56:42 am »
wooooow now... Just a good samaritan trying to help out. :)
e

zeuspaul

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2004, 02:03:09 am »
OK, I reread my post and I can see why there is confusuion.

If you add *smart clean* to the 12 hour filtration cycle you can get UP TO 16 hours...

BUT only if you are there because smart clean only kicks in if you use the spa.  And I assume you may not get the full 16 hours because two cycles may overlap...so if you are there and use the spa it may be 12 to 16 hours if you rely on the programming.

And 12 hours max if you are not there to babysit the spa.

zeuspaul

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2004, 02:05:52 am »
Thanks empolgation....rocket was the one accusing me of posting inaccurate information...you're the one who cleared it up.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2004, 02:05:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42