What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs or Marquis  (Read 3898 times)

lucy1234

Hot Springs or Marquis
« on: September 15, 2004, 07:31:18 pm »
We are looking at buying a hot tub and have looked at almost all of the ones that are sold in my town.  We are interested in either the hot springs Soverign or the Marquis Reward.  The Soverign was quoted at $8000 and the Reward at $6600.  I looked at the reviews for these on this website and it said the Soverign's average price is $6,650 and the Reward $6,350.  Does anyone know if these are accurate prices for today?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs or Marquis
« on: September 15, 2004, 07:31:18 pm »

UnderTheStars

Re: Hot Springs or Marquis
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 07:52:38 pm »
Hi Lucy!  Great decision to buy a hot tub.    I can't speak to those specific models, I bought a HotSpring Vanguard (my Vanguard with ozone, lifter, steps, chems, & delivery was a little less than your Sovereign price.)  I know that a dealers "bottom price" will vary around dif. parts of the country and quite a bit higher in Canada (currency exchange & shipping?)  I also think a good salesperson won't budge much from the "sticker price" if they think you're still just browsing.   They get serious on price after they believe you are ready to buy.  (IMHO)

If you've read much on this board you've seen the recommendation to Wet Test!  Hopefully you have done that, it's so true.  We were going to buy a dif. brand until we tried them with our suits on.  

Finally, there was a great thread a while back "how to negotiate and purchase a hottub" by ZZ.  I'll bump it back to the top.  (first couple pages are good, it kinda got hijacked by page 6!)  good luck and keep us posted.

lucy1234

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 08:22:50 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I was quoted $8,500 for the Vanguard.  I live in the Northwest.  He did say he could make a deal with me.   Later he said it would only be a couple hundred dollars.  Later when I mentioned I would not be financing it he said he could deal a little more.  Not sure I really felt comfortable with the sales guy.  I felt like he was trying too hard.  

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 08:48:45 pm »
Oh man I hate that kind of sales approach - I've walked out on several dealers that operate that way. I'm not sure what a good price is for a Soverign but the Reward price is in line with what it should be.

Be sure to wet test the tubs you are interested in. Good Luck!
e

UnderTheStars

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 09:04:41 pm »
I tried to find my orig. shopping notes but I think I pitched them.  Reason I went looking - I'm pretty sure that Vanguard price ($8500) is exactly what we were offered after we'd been in a couple times "in street clothes."  

We wet tested HotSpring then went to Sundance & Jacuzzi.  Stopped back at HotSpring on the way home just to "look one more time."  The salesman said, "look, I want to earn your business.  What do you want on the tub?"  We made a list (basically everything except the audio option.)  He played with his adding machine and came back with an offer almost a grand less than the prior offer.  We bought the Vanguard on the spot and love it.

Wet test.  It will help you pick the best tub for you and may also be a good negotiation avenue (worked for me!)

TimC

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 09:49:49 pm »
My father-in law is looking right now at the soverign.  He is being quoted right around $8000.

I find this confusing since we are talking to the same dealer but looking at the Vanguard and it is currently being offered to us for $7700.

Maybe someone elese can comment on why the soverign which is a smaller tub looks to cost more.

TimC

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 09:50:39 pm »
Oh yeah,

And we've been quoted $6795 on a reward.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 10:28:18 pm »
Hi Lucy,

Price is always difficult due to many variables.

I can tell you that the price on the Marquis Reward is very low (approx. $800-$1000 low).  In that you are in the Northwest, where Marquis is manufactured, I can see some savings on freight costs.  Test soak and consider value.  Definitely be sure that you are getting an ozonator, step and coverlift.  These 3 options will make it easy to use your spa in the years to come.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 07:38:31 am »
Be careful comparing Soverign prices.  There is a 110V and a 220V version.  The price difference between the two is about $1000 (220V is more).   There were several differences between them but I don't remember what they were.  I'll try to see if I have the prices that I was quoted in NW NJ when I get home tonight.

We ended up buying the HS Envoy for 7800 with ozone, steps, and lifter.

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 10:23:34 am »
Be careful comparing Soverign prices.  There is a 110V and a 220V version.  The price difference between the two is about $1000 (220V is more).   There were several differences between them but I don't remember what they were.  I'll try to see if I have the prices that I was quoted in NW NJ when I get home tonight.

We ended up buying the HS Envoy for 7800 with ozone, steps, and lifter.

Unless something has changed that I don't know about the Sovereign has been convertible for the last several years and the difference in price is the 220 sub-panel. That should not increase the price more than $200

Jason_r

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 12:23:31 pm »
For many years Hotsprings offered the sovereign in a convertible unit but now you can buy the soverign in a deeper higher perfomance model that only comes in the 220v only this model probably will become new name model in years to come.

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 12:34:07 pm »
For many years Hotsprings offered the sovereign in a convertible unit but now you can buy the soverign in a deeper higher perfomance model that only comes in the 220v only this model probably will become new name model in years to come.

Thanks!
Learn something new every day!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 12:34:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42