What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Reward Price  (Read 5774 times)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Marquis Reward Price
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2004, 02:24:25 pm »
There is also no reason you could not use a regular spa frog in the filter area along with brilliance.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2004, 02:24:25 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2004, 01:26:13 pm »
I just realized that I never answered this! The Bromine in the Frog system does not require activation from shock or anything else in order to work. You set it according to your flow rate and use. What I have found is that instead of setting it on 3 in the Marquis system as recommend originally, you can set it at 1 or 2 based off of your usage. Marquis water turn over is much more than typical for this system and therefore you will not need to allow for as much flow through the frog cartridge. I have yet to have a "funky Bromine" smell as suggested and attribute that partially to the type of bromine used and the lesser amounts due to "constant" sanitation. Remember, bromine is still chlorine based and like a chlorine system needs oxidized. So far everyone I have put on this system loves it.

Jack,
Did you ever get your Marquis? I don't know if I left you hanging here or not. I left for the fair around the time of your post and it was a bit crazy!

Jackatkc

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2004, 02:42:34 pm »
Stuart,

You did answer my questions in detail on a private message. Again, thanks for leading me towards Rick here in KC.

I did purchase a Reward on Monday. It's going to be delivered this Monday. The final price was 7K. Included easy lift, steps, lights, chem, del & set up.

Thanks for all of your help!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2004, 02:46:30 pm »
Congrats!
Your in good hands! Feel free to P/M me if you ever have questions and can't reach Rick (like during a Chiefs game)!

schutawie

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2004, 04:10:41 pm »
I have a Reward - just got it up and running last Saturday.  We love it!!  

I'm trying to get my chemicals correct.  The test strips I'm using have Total Bromine and Free Chlorine readings.  I have the Spa Frog system.  My free chlorine levels were low so my dealer told me to use 4 oz. shock, then turn up the bromine cartridge to 6 until the Free Chlorine came up to about a 3 (on my test strip - med. purple in color).  I have my bromine cartridge set at 6, my total bromine level is raising but not the free chlorine.  Should the Free Chlorine level raise with the higher levels of bromine?  I'm afraid to have the bromine levels too high.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2004, 04:18:47 pm »
Turn the cartridge back down, put in an oz to 2 oz of granular bromine or just shock the spa after each use with some enhanced shock or chlorine until the levels come up some. Also get on the Marquis website, go to the Q/A section and ask Jeff Shaw what he recommends.

schutawie

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2004, 04:26:31 pm »
Thanks, Stuart.  I didn't know about the Q/A section on the website.  I'll check that out now.

Regards,
Stacey

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2004, 04:26:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42