What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Reward Price  (Read 5771 times)

Jackatkc

Marquis Reward Price
« on: August 17, 2004, 02:25:52 pm »
I went to the Marquis Dealer today in OP,KS., and I'm feeling much better. Thanks for the info on him Stuart. He really does seem like a nice guy.

I think I am going to pull the trigger on the Reward. I hate negotiating, but want to get a fair deal.

Here is is.

7300.00. That includes, lift (the good one) Cover, Steps, Lights, Chemicals, Ozonater (comes built in the tub) Delivery & Set-up. This was not a negotiated price, just the price that he gave me.

Does that sound fair, or is there room to work with?

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Reward Price
« on: August 17, 2004, 02:25:52 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Marquis Reward Price
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 02:42:28 pm »
Thats a fair price for the area and with the Duralift. He doesn't "boost" the price just so he can give you a "buy it today" deal. There are still several factors here; what shell? What options? I take it that this is not a Silver Anniversery?

Jackatkc

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 02:44:02 pm »
It's the Durashell? The plastic one. It's not the Silver Ann. What options am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 02:51:33 pm »
Does it include the frog? I really like the whirlpool on the standard reward and also really like the durashell.

Jackatkc

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 03:00:21 pm »
It does come with both the frog and the Whirlpool.

Is there anything else that I am missing?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 03:02:14 pm »
I sent you a private email about the conversation.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 03:39:28 pm »
That's a pretty good price - but ya never know if there is room to work until you ask/negotiate. If you are getting a 2004 model I am pretty sure it's got the frog standard.

stuart,
what other shells do they offer besides durashell? It was my understanding that all their shells were durashell
e

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 03:44:18 pm »
They offer a Quarite material both with or without Microban and a couple of Pearl colors in addition to a sky blue swirl, a silver swirl and a dark blue swirled with a copper color (not my favorite but many people love it!).

Marquis just started offering the frog on standard models in the last few months.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 03:45:34 pm by stuart »

IonHeaven

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 07:54:08 pm »
Why is the frog an advantage?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 10:57:38 pm »
The frog is an automatic feeder for your sanitizer. Here is how most people sanitize a spa; pick any day of the week, lets say Sunday. You test your spa and throw in some sanitizer (i.e. bromine, chlorine, ect.), Monday you have to much, Tuesday still pretty strong, Wed getting better, Thursday the water is starting to go south a bit, Friday low sanitizer, Saturday nasty water. What the frog system does here is give you a constant feed of bromine and minerals to keep the spa clean all week with babysitting it. Everyone gets into their own system of taking care of (or not) their spa. The Frog system just makes that a bit easier.

IonHeaven

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2004, 12:30:42 am »
Sounds like even I could handle it! Thanks.

zzaphod42

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2004, 01:33:21 pm »
The frog is an automatic feeder for your sanitizer. Here is how most people sanitize a spa; pick any day of the week, lets say Sunday. You test your spa and throw in some sanitizer (i.e. bromine, chlorine, ect.), Monday you have to much, Tuesday still pretty strong, Wed getting better, Thursday the water is starting to go south a bit, Friday low sanitizer, Saturday nasty water. What the frog system does here is give you a constant feed of bromine and minerals to keep the spa clean all week with babysitting it. Everyone gets into their own system of taking care of (or not) their spa. The Frog system just makes that a bit easier.

With the exception of the minerals, how does this differ from using a floating puck dispenser?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 12:26:51 am »
I want to answer this in detail and cannot take the time tonight. I will try to get back with you tomorrow.....

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2004, 09:51:10 am »
The frog is an automatic feeder for your sanitizer. Here is how most people sanitize a spa; pick any day of the week, lets say Sunday. You test your spa and throw in some sanitizer (i.e. bromine, chlorine, ect.), Monday you have to much, Tuesday still pretty strong, Wed getting better, Thursday the water is starting to go south a bit, Friday low sanitizer, Saturday nasty water. What the frog system does here is give you a constant feed of bromine and minerals to keep the spa clean all week without babysitting it. Everyone gets into their own system of taking care of (or not) their spa. The Frog system just makes that a bit easier.
The problem with your scenario Stuart, is that as soon as somebody gets into the tub, the chlorine is gone. There is not much chance that putting in Dichlor on Sunday is going to last past Sunday night if the tub gets used at all. To use Dichlor properly, you should put in a small amount each time you exit the tub. With even a small amount of experience, it is easy to begin to guage the size of the dose according to the number of people, size of the tub and other factors that become second nature to most of us.

I would love to find a system that automatically doses my tub with watever it needs whenever it needs it, but those systmes don't exist, or at least they don't exist within the kind of price range most of us would be willing to pay - and even then - keeping the SYSTEM calibrated and operating smoothly becomes a burden.

Floating feeders that use traditional Bromine tabs have a very bad habit: they release huge quantities of Chlorine gas. That's because the Bromine can't work without an oxidizer - and the makers put about 40 - 45% chlorine into the tabs to allow for this. The negative effects of this gas cloud is soon seen on the cover, pillows, and other parts of the tub, not to mention that you have to breathe it while sitting in the tub.

I like (and recommend) using Dichlor. You add a couple of teaspoons as you exit the tub, more if you were joined by other people.  BUT - you run the jets with the lid up for ten minutes or so, to allow the chlorine gas cloud to dissapate. The ability to do this simple step can add years and years of life to your cover and pillows.

If you want a floating feeder with bromine - without the chlorine gas problem - try 'Briiliance' by the makers of Baqua. It strips out the chlorine, and you add MPS by hand instead, using the jets with the cover open to see to it that the MPS doesn't effect the cover negatively. This way you only oxidize after use, or once a week, and yet you get the floating feeder in the spa working for you between uses. The best of both worlds. And it doesn't have that nasty, punky smell that bromine tends to have.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 09:54:41 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lucas

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2004, 11:32:22 am »
Very well said Chas.  I prepare the necessary chems. (dichlor) before I hit the tub, them use when I'm done.  It's a good routine for keeping my tub clean at all times.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2004, 11:32:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42