What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Altamar Owners?  (Read 2401 times)

Tucsonjohn

Sundance Altamar Owners?
« on: September 13, 2004, 10:41:04 pm »
Anybody out there own one of these spas?  

This is the model that I have purchased and will be recieving it next week.  

Based upon your Altamar ownership, can you give me the pros and cons of your experience?  Things to look out for with this model?

Thanks - I have been learning alot just by reading the past posts!

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Altamar Owners?
« on: September 13, 2004, 10:41:04 pm »

usuallytrue

• Sundance owner
Re: Sundance Altamar Owners?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 12:22:32 pm »
Tucson John,

I've had my Altamar for almost 4 months and I've had absolutely no problems with the tub.  I'm using the Brilliance bromine system (rec. by dealer) which so far has worked well for me. I must admit there is a learning curve dealing with the chemicals, testing etc, but I think any Newbie goes through that with any tub.

The seating capacity says 5-6, but I've found that 3-4 is more realistic for comfort - perfect for 1 or 2 which is how I mainly use mine.

I would say my only "con" I've discovered is the powerful therapy seat.  The jets are way powerful and I find I can only sit for a few minutes at a time in that seat and even then I have to kind of brace myself. (I'm 5'6" and 120 lbs.) However, I love the power of the rest of the jets. Also take some time to fool around with the position of the "Intellijets" (whirley) jets for your back in the lounger - it takes a few soaks to get them to where they feel the best.

The Altamar may not be the biggest model out there and may not have all the bells and whistles that others have, but so far I am very impressed (and so are my friends  ;)) with the performance and relative ease of maintenance.

I, too, have learned a lot from this forum.  Just keep checking back for answers to specific questions you may have along the way.

Good luck!  You are going to love your tub! :)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 12:43:54 pm »
You should be able to "dial down" the power in the therapy seat with the diverter.  If you turn the seat on full with the air venturi open, it will launch you across the spa, lol.

From what I understand, the Altamar is the best selling SD spa behind the Optima.

Tucsonjohn

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 12:47:02 pm »
Thanks for the info and advice - I really appreciate it.  Hearing about the quality and ease of use makes me appreciate my decision even more.    Looking forward to the big day, next Tuesday - cannot wait!  

Thanks again.

John

jdmanteca

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 01:27:32 pm »
Congratulations on your Altamar.  I got mine in June and I can't find anything to complain about.  As someone has already mentioned you can dial your therapy sit down with the big diverter to your left.  It puts the power through the foot jets (which I also love).  I've had a wonderful experience with mine so far and I can't recommend it highly enough.  You won't be sorry.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 01:27:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42