What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Alcohol consumption gone up!  (Read 3815 times)

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
Alcohol consumption gone up!
« on: September 14, 2004, 12:40:48 am »
I find myself always reaching for a cold one more often than not when in the hot tub.

Hot Tub Forum

Alcohol consumption gone up!
« on: September 14, 2004, 12:40:48 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Alcohol consumption gone up!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 02:34:51 am »
Water does a much better job of re-hydrating you while in the tub.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 02:41:28 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 06:08:59 am »
Don't get much of a buzz from water though Chas! More carbohydrates in Beer, for those of us who need them for working out.
Retired

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 11:44:28 am »
Don't get much of a buzz from water though Chas! More carbohydrates in Beer, for those of us who need them for working out.

Yep. Numerous reps of those 12oz. curls!

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 12:10:45 pm »
Had friends over this past weekend and consumed (imbibed) what some would say is a fair amount of beer, wine and spirits. Naturally the hot tub was the center of attention as we were without kids for the weekend.  I simply say, we consumed and ate to our contentment. But there were a few lessons learned.

Lesson number one. Did you know that warm water makes your bladder more active when drinking beer? :'(

Lesson number two. Did you know that you get more light headed when warm water is applied while a little under the influence and makes getting in and out of the tub to deal with lesson number one difficult (even dangerous)? :-[

Lesson number three. Did you know that swim suits come off when imbibing beverages with an alcohol % are combined with warm water?  :o  

Lesson number four. Did you know that when swim suits ....... oooops. Never mind that lesson.

Final lesson, heed the first lesson. It makes for a very rough morning after. IN MANY MORE WAYS THAN ONE. ;D

Now back to the hot tub to deal with the thumping headache (lesson number one), the bruised knee (Lesson number two) and the cuteness of lesson number three.  

I leave up to the moderator to censor this post.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 12:12:27 pm by doodoo »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 10:13:31 pm »
I think that's a set of lessons that should be posted near all tubs, so that all persons entering can review...

LMAO!!
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 12:20:34 am »
Sobriety is a terrible thing to waste! ;)

r100rs

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 08:12:12 am »
Funny story (to me anyway)

An hour South of Columbus is Hocking County, which is sparsley populated forested area with lots of rental properties of the weekend getaway variety and 99% of those have hot tubs.  Many people around here get thier first experience with hot tubs here.  

One on visit to a place we use to go on anniversaries, I was readng through the guestbook and read an entry that said, "Never mix hot tubs and alchohol"  and it was signed by 4 girls, one of whom's name I recognized. I worked with her. Columbus isn't a small town so that was a real coincidence.

Anyway, I mentioned to her the next Monday that I heard she couldn't hold her booze while hot tubbing. She had no idea how I knew, and was worried who told me what. Playing it right, I heard the whole story before telling her about the guest book.   Guys, women are just as bad as us when they cut loose.  I'm sure this would have made a great girls gone wild video.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Big_Ed

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 08:46:00 am »
A quote that I see often on an automotive board that I frequent also applies here....

This thread is useless without pictures!

;D ;D ;D

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 10:01:06 am »
A quote that I see often on an automotive board that I frequent also applies here....

This thread is useless without pictures!

;D ;D ;D

In actual fact pictures do exist. However, should I ever release those for general viewing, my name would be found in the obits the following day.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 10:01:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42