What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question about Covermate 1  (Read 6078 times)

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
Question about Covermate 1
« on: September 14, 2004, 01:02:39 pm »
My Vista is going to arrive next week and I have to make a decision on which cover lifter to buy.  My dealer says to go with the Covermate I.  I like it but am concerned that the cover will be too high when open and I do not want such a high 'wall' on that side of the spa.  I read the installation instructions for the Covermate I and it says that you can mount the mounting bracket  to the spas 12" for the top of the spa (instead of 8") and that should only show 50% of the cover instead of 75%.  I am going to assume that they are talking about 50% of the folded cover which would translate to 25% of the full cover size.

Has anyone installed it this way?

Does it effect the operation of the Covermate?

The other option is the Covermate II, I am not sold on the design as I assume I would have to clear away all of the snow on that side of the spa in order for it to work properly.

Any advise on Coverlifters would be great.

My new patio is starting tomorrow and should be done in 4-5 days.  Then I hope the tub will be here.

I cannot wait!

Jonathan

Hot Tub Forum

Question about Covermate 1
« on: September 14, 2004, 01:02:39 pm »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: Question about Covermate 1
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 01:11:15 pm »
Congratulations (early) on your arrival. The toughest part. We got the cover breez eeasy lift from Sundance.  The comparison to Covermate would be the Covermate III.  I prefer the higher one for two reasons. One is that is offers a higher blockage for wind, and the way we installed it it is placed on the side where the wind comes from predominantly.  Second is that is offers a greater level of privacy.

Another factor was that my wife has rhumatoid arthritis and the hydrolic lift is the easiest for her to operate. We tried them all before deciding on the one we would go with. So like the wet test, I strongly recommend you try the different cover lifters. My dealer has a number of the diferent cersions installed in his showroom.  That will tell you which you prefer visually and functionally.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 01:36:57 pm »
Why aren't you getting the HotSpring 'Cover Cradle,' or the "Cover upright?" These are products made specially to take advantage of the metal reinforcment built into your HotSpring cover.

They do not hang the cover by the hinge, and they work well!!

If you have snow building up around the base of the tub, I would think the Upright would be your choice so you don't have to keep the area around the tub clear for the cover to open.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 02:13:30 pm »
Chas,

Where can I see pics of these 2 units?  Dealer didn't mention those 2 me, are they Hotspring part numbers?

Jonathan

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 02:24:00 pm »
Yes, they are HotSpring part numbers.

Click for more info;http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tub/accessor_covers.html#

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 04:55:26 pm »
Thanks Chas for the link.

I am calling the dealer about it.

Does anyone else have an opinion or comments about the Covermate I.

Jonathan

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 05:02:08 pm »
I've got a Covermate I and am very happy with it.  At one time I was interested in changing to a Covermate II in order to store the cover lower out of sight, but with my new deck built, I am much better with what I have.  It has a very simple design, is very easy to open and close, and still looks good after two years in the weather.

KevinH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 10:32:18 pm »
I thought I was going to get a Cover Cradle. Since I bought a Caldera spa, I was told they weren't allowed to sell me a HS lift. Then they said it might not work anyway.

They ordered a Covermate, but I've been waiting for it for 7 weeks. Dealer said they were on back order.

Is anyone else getting their Covermate?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 10:32:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42